a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, August 21, 2011

a yoyo for me

I am still waiting for to buy the large yoyo maker. Of course it helps if you go to a fabric store :))
However I did find a lovely tutorial on how to use it to make perfect yoyos. You can find it on Lazygirldesigns-yoyos


http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/?p=552
something to do when you are watching TV. I have seen coverlets, vests, cushions. made of yoyos. There other uses for them but I am sure you can figure that one out.  Yoyos are just for fun LOL.
I am sure I haven't put up this site dor a long time, it bears repeating
www.quilterscache.com     Have a great time with Marcia's blocks. What an imagination she has.
Margaret came over this afternoon and brought me another book. I am grateful to her for keeping me supplied with books. We had a nice visit . She was asking if I had seen Bernice lately. Bernice is a lady who comes up to the mall every day for coffee and a chat with a group of friends. Apparently no one has seen her since July. They have all called her but no answer. Although one lady said her daughter took her to the hospital. Bernice was 82 years old and looked 62. It was amazing. I pray she is recovering from whatever happened to her.
Sometimes I get requests for patterns for the little dish cloths.
Here it is. Cast on 4 stitches, knit in back of stitches for Row 1.
Row 2. Knit 2 stitches  yarn over and knit to end of the row. Continue in this manner until you reach 43 stitches.
Next row , Knit 1 knit 2 together ,yarn over , knit  2 together, knit to end of the row. Continue the decreasing pattern until there are 4 stitches left . Cast the 4 stitches off. Weave in ends.
What could be easier.

The weather seems to have changed, it is cooler and feels like rain. Too bad the PNE is on, that is the yearly fair. It has been beautiful for the first few day but they tell us this is just temperoary.
I remember one year, Adam will recall this too as he was working the fair, it poured and poured. We all looked like drowned rats. But no line ups LOL.
Ray and I just went to our local Dairy Queen . It was just a shabby little store with ugly tables and chairs. Remember when Jim and I went and I took thepictures f the round tables,that was the scene then. Today it had been completely renovated with nice booths and new tables - completely new atmosphere. Very nice!
I took a few pictures tonight. This one is a very old tree.
Isn't it amazing.
I treid for three dogs tonight but could only capture one, One was behind a pole and I just got his owner's legs and the second one was past me before the shutter went off.
But this little guy posed with his owners consent.
I found this neat fence tonight on the way back from DQ.
Great stonework. It is so attractive.
And for the piece de resisitance , then new enthusiasm. In Vancouver  many of the houses are white, beige and peach with some brick embellishment. Lately I have noticed that the newerrrr houses have had deep colours mixed into the finishes. So I plan to flush them out and add them to the blog.
The colour is deeper in fact but the light was not too good as it was nearing twilight. But there is more to come.
Time to go folks.  Have a great evening.
Laku noc.









1 comment:

Salliejean said...

I just love making yoyos and you can find so many uses for them. Plust they cover ups some whoops on my quilts. Now everytime somebody sees a yoyo on my quilt they'll think is a whoops. LOL