a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

wheels and wheels

Off to the Red Cross this morning to borrow a wheel chair and a walker because my legs are so weak. We live in an apartment at the end of a long corridor and both of us were worried how I would manage the hallway after getting out of the hospital after the surgery. That is what the wheel chair is for. The walker is to help me maintain balance. This Red Cross service is great. If you need a  piece of medical equipment temporarily or to try one out to see if it suits your needs. The service is free, although they do ask for a donation and never suggest how much of a donation.  We can have
the loan of the equipment for three months.
It was after noon by the time we left there so we went to lunch at The White Spot on Kingsway for a Legendary hamburger, fries and cole slaw. Because the plates are fairly large we cut them in half and each had one half. It was enough but good!!
We went to the library for some books because it will be a while be
fore I can get back there again.
Do you ever feel guilty when you don't get any sewing done, well I have been feeling this way for months, so I just told myself that I would not be sewing until this is over and no worrying about it. Relief!!
We had such a gorgeous day today, after all the dreaful dreary weather we have had all spring it is gratifying to have this water. The beaches are all full of kids and parents. I remember when we used to go to the beach in the summer. No parents though just a bunch of kids. Great days!! My sons did the same thing.
scan0002 (7)Sam with the nasty parrot allowing him to scratch her neck. Sam was 6 years old. I am having trouble getting these photos onto my blog so that is why I am so late. I finally had to send the picture to myself , then copy and paste. Things don't always work the way I want them to LOL.
I like the way the old Italian gardeners use up every piece of arable land on their city lot. They grow grapes, tomoatoes root vegetables , peas. They use the front and back yards for their produce. When I was young everybody had a garden. I used to get in there and pick the young green peas. My dad was not happy about that. :))
There! a front yard garden . See how high the stakes are, either for grapes or the broad beans the Italians  love so much.
That's it folks .
Have a good evening.
Bon soir.











1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Don't do any wheelies...grin. Get well soon!

Billie in TX