a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, August 15, 2011

trick by Rick

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/blog.php/blog_id/4057      
One seam Flying Geese by Ricky Tims.   This is a good little video that shows how to make Flying Geese with just one seam. Fascinating!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2011-08-15-94303519F      Puzzle fun for puzzle fans.

http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/christmas-tree-skirt-tutorial-links.html 
Ready for the season with these tree skirts. Start your collection now. I had a collection of Christmas Tree Skirts once but lost them all in the changing of computers . Now I don't worry about tree skirts.LOL.

Let's hope these three sites are accessible for you to enjoy. Sometimes cut and paste does not quite work.
My legs were so bad this morning I had to lay down for a while. Then after they settled down , and I know it is the antibiotic, we decided to go for lunch at the mall. We both had burritos. We walked a bit in the mall as Ray wanted to buy a new turkey baster and a gadget to open the tops of the water bottles. He was diagnosed with RA a few years ago and until now had very few symptoms but now his thumb joint where it meets the hand is quite swollen. He always opens lids as I have no grip so let's hope this little gadget will do the trick. I feel sorry for him , his thumb looks so sore.
My energy level was not good so we came home. I really wanted a nap but as I lay down the phone rang. It was my sister Marg who had another book for me. We visited for an hour and then I went to bed.  The books are piling up haha!
I always marvel at the beautiful flower beds created by the city. Here are two of them.
This bed is in the meridian between two roads one going east and the other west. It is changed all the time. When the flowers are finished the replacement work begins. Always something to look forward to.

Not such a good photo but this is on the corner of two streets and looks better in real life with all the multi coloured snapdragons.
Just got the news that Janome is bringing out a new embroidery machine and I think it is an embroidery only  machine in early September. I am looking forward to seeing it. I am sure Tom will have a viewing so maybe Kathy and I can go together if I am out of hospital.

I seem to be out of news for today so I'll say good night.
Have a good evening folks.



No comments: