a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, August 12, 2011

eventful day.



During my many illnesses this year I mistook which  Sunbonnet Sue was for July and which for August. So this one is really for July and the one I put up for August Is the one where Sue is all decked out for a day at the beach.  Not all that important I guess.

Some days go from one event to another. Of course the first event event was the nurse who came to change the antibiotic.
Next we went to lunch with Bob and Buzz, but  I was so tired . The antibiotic when I first get it leaves me like a limp dishrag. We left a lot earlier on our visit than usual. But in the course of our visit Bob said they had changed their toilet for one with a higher seat and it was really great. Some subject eh!  I liked the idea as it makes it all easier for me. When we got home we asked Jim if he could do that for us. He has numerous rental properties in Edmonton and he does all the repairs, electrical, plumbing , painting so he is certainly capable. Off the two of them went to buy a new toilet and whatever else they needed, as you know there is always something else that is necessary.
Just after they left I got the phone call I had been waiting for from the hospital for the tests on my heart, stress test actually but not on a treadmill. They use a drug called persantin that speeds up the heart rate. It is a two day test , the second day testing the heart at rest. The date she gave me was August 29th, I was disappointed and said I had been on antibiotics since January and my body was getting weary. I wasn't rude , just stating the facts. At least it was a date.
About 20 minutes later she called back and said they could take me on the 18th of August and the 19th. I was very happy and thanked her for hearing me and changing the date. That just shortens the time I have to wait for the surgery.
Now we are waiting for the delivery man to bring the antibiotic for the next week.
I did not take any photos today because I had no energy . I am feeling better now though. It is always like this , bad until just after noon and then it slowly gets better. Weird isn't it.


Pretty bolts of fabric. One of our guild members runs a fabric shop out of her home and sets up a table on guild nights.
Take time to laugh!
Joke or no joke LOL.
Guten Abend.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan, when we had our rennovations done that year. We had the contractors take out the three toilets and put in the higher ones. I think they are 17inches high.. What a big difference 3 inches on the knees. I thought I mention that when I was telling you about the rennovations. Well, now you see what I am talking about. Good for you . Love, Jean