a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, August 22, 2011

gift

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/08/snug-as-bug-baby-quilt.html
Quick and Easy baby quilt , for most of you but maybe not for me LOL.
 My friend Gail in Phoenix sent me an adorable little FSL angel which arrived today, Gail has such a good eye for detail that she added little blue crystals in the place where the eyes would go. Thank you Gail! Here she is.
It rained very heavily today so I did not go looking for any good photos except for one. There have been two very large birds with huge wing spans done in topiary along Marine Drive and I thought they would be there forever. Today the traffic had slowed down due to road work and I was sure I could get them today. It was not to be, they had been removed. In there place were two other symbols made up of greenery and redery LOL. I am not sure what the actual plants are so that is my name for it.
There it is a green maple leaf, still it is attractive.
We   had lunch with Sam today. We talked about the passing of Jack Layton the leader of the Opposition in Ottawa. There is much mourning in Canada at his loss. Whether you agreed with his politics or not you had to believe in his optomistic spirit and to grin when you saw him with the big wide Jack Layton smile on his face. It is a great loss to our country and to his family.
We went to Staples because I wanted to find a Hilroy notebook. And I found one :)) I use them to write up my daily lists. This year I have not done that as I was not able to ensure that I could even carry out my lists. But I think that I might be able to start again soon and I want to have the book handy.
We were going to Michael's for some yarn but by then I was tired and the yarn is way at the back of the store . I didn't want to take the walk.
Home again but I did not have a nap.  I read my new Mary Maxim catalogue. That always takes time because you have to go through it twice don't you?
For dinner I made perogies with bacon, onions and celery to fry them in. They were delicious.
Last night , another twilight photo,  the cascading flowers stand out and  catch the eye. The white fence and red brick posts add to the  total effect.
And one more from yesterday. I talked about the bright and vibrant colours os many homes in the city. This one is not a new one but it is a strong colour . I had to take it because the truck sitting outside is the same green as the house. All seen through a chicken net fence.
And on that note I'll bid you adieu.
Have a good evening.
Bon Soir.



No comments: