a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Time to prepare

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=46368.0      Cute little pincushion, good for Christmas gift, any other day gift for a quilting friend or for your quilt show boutique.
http://thestitchingroom.blogspot.com/2007/10/thread-holder-pattern.html
Little thread basket, so handy to have at your side for thread cuttings while you sew or applique.
We were late to the clinic this morning. I don't know what happened to both of us. The appointment was 10:45 and at 10:30 Ray said, when is that appointment. BAH!!  I wasn't even dressed. Big hurry! But they were good about it, said they thought maybe we'd gone to the weekly clinic. The dressing  had to be changed, we are now using a bandage type since my skin is really itchy. No difference though so the gauze is not the answer. The answer is getting off this IV :((
Off to the grocery store. Haha I like that walker, I can sit on the seat and check out all the quilting magazines in comfort. But since I bought one last week I refrained from purchasing one today , See my halo?
Then I was so tired I slept that afternoon away, we think the antibiotic causes this tiredness too.
Remember when I talked about the look of the back lanes and how they gave an indication of who lived there, the real face of the residents. In the newspaper this morning, there was an article on how back lanes  cab be fuctional too. It advocated using that small sapce to grow flowers or vegetables. I can see tomato plants in a narrow space. We have so many back lanes in Vancouver, most homes do have them. Wouldn't it be pretty to have them cultivated?
I am praying for my friends on the east coast as Irene takes its toll. Jean I hope you and Sam will be safe.
Here's Emilie cleaning off the wooden spoonand she uses the bowl for a seat LOL. They do things differently in Quebec.
Ray took this one of the median. It is always planted with seasonal flowers and is so pretty.
A different fence, concrete blocks, I think they are hollow but not sure, with a lovely decorative topping.
Time out!
Have a good evening.






No comments: