a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

the sun shone

It is beautiful to watch the play of light and shadow on the leaves of my tree outside the window. And that is mostly what I did today besides being in bed resting. It appears to be true not just observation that the antibiotic is wearing me out. At least for a few hours after it is administered. No wonder though since I have been on AB since January ,7 times with a week between each attack. I think my body is not happy. But after this week I can look forward to my surgery and a whole new outlook on life :)))
Doesn't this picture seem to invite you to enter?
Here we have a garden neglected , too bad.
However there is room for all no matter what we achieve or not achieve.
And to date I have achieved nothing much. I see that some of my on line fellow quilters are setting 3 quilting goals a week and it seems to be providing them with incentive to get at it..... Me. I can't even get up the energy to make the 3 goals let along commit to them haha. But after , my famous saying at the moment, after the surgery I'll have more energy.
Ray is making ribs and sauerkraut for dinner.  I'll get back to you all later to finish up this blog.
Dinner was delectable!!!
I have spent the past hour looking through all my photos but still can't find those ones of Sam on the laptop, so I am going to search the PC. I know they are somewhere.  It seems to me that I scanned them inot my PC from the original photos so that must be where they are. Another search LOL.
We've decided to get a new water cooler,it cuts down on plastic bottles. We don't care for tap water because we can taste the chlorine. I remember before WW2 that our water was the tastiest water to be found anywwhere. But then they began to add chlorine and who knows what else . The taste changed. We started drinking bottled water. My conscience is beginning to  bother me because of the plastic, so back to the cooler!!
I did get the book Margaret brought over and had to read by Saturday. It is done and it was good!! Karen Rose is the author. Can't quilte recall the title but she has written several so you might enjoy any one of them. Found it You Belong to Me....
Time to go folks, have a wonderful evening.
Wanan .



1 comment:

Gail in Arizona said...

Nan remember most if not all of the water bottles are recycled and when empty you just recycle again. Our trash picks up recycles one day a week. Sometimes I think I am only person here who separates things - rinsed out cans - lids inside and crushed; plastic bottles with lids screwed on, etc.. Gail