a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, August 8, 2011

visitor's day

Nurse was late todayand was not finished until after 11:00. By then Adam and Lisa had arrived with a bucket of fresh peeled crab and some beautiful sockeye salmon. They stayed  until after dinner which was crab salad and broiled salmon. It was delicious. I made the salad and Adam cooked the salmon. Clean up was done by Ray and Lisa. And I think Adam was in there too.  I was tired after dicing and slicing , just a little loopy in the legs. We had a lovely afternoon chatting and watching some very old black
and white  movies, one of which was The Magnificent Ambersons 1942. While I do love the stories on the oldies I still find the lighting to be very bad. Joseph Cotton was the lead, I like him as an actor and a pretty  face LOL.
Just as we were sitting down to dinner  Jim arrived  so we were five. Most of us were satisfied with the amount we had but Jim was still hungry so he is going out later for something to eat. He just eats once a day so needs a bit more fuel.
We rarely carry anything junky in the house. I should have remembered to buy more but needless to say I am not quite up to snuff.
However I am up to snuff to go to DairyQueen with Jim.  And we did, I had a strawberry sundae and Jim had a banana split. Nothing motivates me like ice cream LOL.
Jim and I always   have lots to talk about so we sneak away for a sundae. :))) We know lots of people in common and things of interest.
I like the composition of these tables at Dairy Queen.

I tried to take photos of a couple of things but missed the shot completely. Darn camera, it just won't snap immediately, waits until the subject has passed haha.

I did a bit of hand applique today, but that didn't last very long, something else came up. But I was thinking of doing the 15 minute rule every day and see if I can do that LOL.
Time out! But first a nice trail.
Two roads diverged in the woods........ Robert Frost.
Good night.







1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Even though the nurse was late, it sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Billie