a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, August 7, 2011

neat chap


This beautiful chap is an adoptee from the local pound.
He is part Weimaraner, and a couple of other breeds. He was very good at posing on his owners' command.  Do you remember the man who owned Weimaraners and had a fetish for fashion and dressed his two dogs accordingly. There were even calendars featuring the model dogs. The normal colour for a Weimanae is gray, at least the ones I have seen. I always thought the poor dogs that were all dressed up we very embarrassed by the clothing. However I think animals at the fair who give birth in front of large crowds are also embarrassed. Anyway I really liked this dog and his owner.

http://www.karencombs.com/Fun_Stuff.htm
Good information here  for quilting tips.  Useful tips on some of the questions frequently asked.

Adam and Lisa are coming over on Monday  with crab for dinner. I love Adam and Lisa but boy crab is important LOL. Sam should be here too so it will be fun!!

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/08/apple-crate-quilt.html
This is a simple little quilt tutorial. It could be used for a summer quilt.  A summer quilt is on that has no batting, just a top and a backing then either tied together or lightly quilted. They were used extensively in the deep south on the plantations.

http://stitchfun.com/news_110806.htm  
For the embroiderers on this blog Mary Jane has written a bit on needles and the correct use of them. She shows how you choose the size of your needle to fit the type of the fabric you are using. Good stuff to know as many problems in sewing are related to the size of the needle  and to the sharpness. This site is sent out every day and she has lots to say about good machine embroidery, plus there are at least 6 vendors each day so you can shop if you want.  I enjoy this site.  And you can sign up for it if you wish.
Do you have a list of your medications set up in your computer for when you got to any medical facility ? I do and when they ask me what medications I am using they I just give them  my list, they are very happy. If there are changes to the meds I can just do the adjustment on the computer before I print about 4 copies and slide them into a plastice sleeve.  Mostly I am not that organized so this surprises me LOL.

AND the best news is TADA Mary's baby is a girl. Not to be born until December though. Congratulations Mary and Albert.
Quote from Anton Chekov-
People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they are happy.
Have a lovely evening !
Dobrey Vecher!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Nan, you scared me when I did not see a blog for Sat. Thought I would check the site again before I called Ray. Adam and Lisa might be bringing you crab, but guess what? A friend of Sam's went fishing in Alaska in the Spring. Sam told him how I like Salmon, so yesterday he gave Sam 4 large pieces of Salmon and a favorite of yours, Ling Cod for me. Sam doesn not eat seafood. Good for me. I had Salmon last night. Yummy. I have to find recipe for the Ling Cod. Love, Jean