a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 25, 2011

embroidery

http://www.queenofstitching.com

If you like to embroider and you like to piece here are two blocks done all in the hoop and made into a quilt. I really like to use my embroideries to make a quilt. Check out the video.
We now have to go to the clinic for my antibiotic instead of getting it at home. A bit of an inconvenience but on the plus side we get up and get out.
We stopped off at the mall for a coffee and decided to try and walk to Sears, I know you won't know where that is but it is not a very long walk. I couldn't make it the other day so thought to try it today. I made it but my legs were almost out of control. It wasn't good and neither were the fashions LOL.
We got back to the car and oh yes to the bakery for bread.
I forgot to publish my blog last night , my apologies, but it is up now under today's date August 25.
This afternoon we are going to Peter's for a barbecue, along with Adam and Lisa. I'll take pictures if I remember. Peter and Judith just sold their  house so this will be the last barbecue there.
I love this block and when it was on Janet Wickell's's site , About Quilting.  I just had to borrow it. There are instructions at her site for making it and it is all over the internet too.  Card Trick is the name of the block. In Eleanor  Burn's book  Winning Ways which I mentioned a while ago,  she has a different way it make this block and it is much easier that the regular practice. I made my card trick quilt her way and really enjoyed it.


Who is this sweet little girl peeking out from behind the shrubbery. Great granddaughter Catherine  :)))
Papa and his girls Emilie and Catherine. They are so cute, so is dad LOL.
Adam, Lisa and me at Peter's house. Wehad a good afternoon, lots of fresh crab to eat and barbecued salmon. All recently caught by Adam and Lisa over in Sechelt.
Look at these two silly billies. Always the life of the party. Everyone has a role in life LOL.

I have more photos but they'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Have a good evening folks.



1 comment:

Jean said...

The Queen bee is not an embroidery site. It is her email address. I will explore the name online. I'll get there. Waiting for the big hurricane Sat.night into Sunday here in Delaware.
Just got over the Earthquake.