a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, August 4, 2011

sad news

To my friend Lynn my deepest sympathies on the passing of her dear husband.

Our day went like this, Ray had to go for a haircut at 9:30 and the nurse came at 9:30 too. Ray had it all set up for her, the pole, the antibiotic which has to be shaken and dripped from one vessel to the other and back so that there is no residue left in the vial. He provides her with a waste basket as there is lots of waste. Everything comes in sterile packages. He sets  all the equipment out on the table. They all love him :)
Funny I never really knew all this nursing was available. It is so good.
I too had a haircut at noon , who knows when I can get another one. Kim, the hairdresser said to me :you have lost weight. Your face is grey too" It is so true I look in the mirror and wonder where I went LOL.

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/Block_Reference.html        A smorgasburg of quilt blocks here. If you can't make up your mind on which block to make give this list a try. I don't know about everyone else but I love looking at lists of blocks.
Ray and I watched The Prisoner of Zenda, black and white , 1937. Some of these old films are such fun to watch. Certainly the acting is very different and the expression of emotions is quite over the top at times, but we do get a kick out of them. And the fencing is fun. I remember Errol Flynn used to always get involved in a very dangerous duel. I waited for that one, so exciting.

Another gorgeous day, this picture is of the entrance to one on the complexes on this street. I like the brick posts at the entrance so I took the picture. Doesn't it look like a refreshing place to rest on a hot summer day?
As usual I came home and had a long nap. I was just exhausted. Funny thing when I wake up from the nap I wonder why Ray isn't up and making the coffee.  I believe it is morning Haha.
More time spent on my photos tonight  same story they reproduce in the night so I have to delete a bunch .
Watching The Mentalist, extraterrestrial experiences. Fun show!!
Small mind LOL......
We just got the one photo today but maybe tomorrow we can catch a a couple more.
It's time for me to be quiet LOL.
Have a lovely evening.






 


No comments: