a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, January 22, 2012

a day late

Mary caught me by surprise last night, a nice surprise as it was. Lovely to see sweet baby Rose.I will have to tell you about yesterday if I can remember.
We went grocery shopping and after    that in the early evening we went  to The Keg with Sam, Aaron, Rodger and Gloria.   Gloria is mother to Aaron and Rodger. Sam is mine LOL. We all had a great time. I had a Caeser but it wasn't as good as the one I had at the Cactus Club several months ago. I shared an order of Mushrooms Neptune with Ray along with some delicious bread. Usually Sam likes to share them with us but not last night. My entree was prime rib and mashed potato . I shared a bit of Rodger's dessert, strawberry cheese cake. MMM delicious.
Sam, Rodger, Aaron and Ray after dinner. The pictures are better outside the restaurant.

See that short one? That's me in my wheelchair. The others are from left to right are Sam, Gloria, Aaron and Ray. Rodger is on the other side of the  camera. LOL. I choose not to add the ones in the restaurant as they are too dark.

Today was a busy day for me. I decided to do some cooking so I made pork steaks with onions and celery covered with mushroom soup. All went into the slowcooker at a low temperature. It was delicious when we plated it for dinner. And while I was in the kitchen  I made a sandwich using the new dark rye bread I bought . I filled it with butter, mayonnaise, tomato,onion and celery. That was all to much for the bread and it broke apart, but I ate the pieces anyway. LOL.
After eating my concoction and drinking my Sprite I turned on my embroidery machine. I set the hoop and away we went on another ballerina. It took about an hour and a half to two hours to stitch out.
Here she is....
Now there are 4 more to go.  And then to  figure out how to put them together. And who to give them to.
Mid afternoon , Rick and Peter came over for a lovely visit. They had come in from their weekend sailing. Some spots were wicked as there was a gale warning for a bit. But all's well that ends      well and they arrived safely.
I was pretty tired after all that and had a nap . Ray woke me up for dinner.
Time for me to go.
Have a good evening folks.




1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

All that fooddddddd. You are making me hungry.

Sure love your little Ballerina! So cute.