a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Peter was here

I am late tonight first because I wanted to finish my pink ballerina so I could take a photo.
She is a pretty girl but then I love pink. Now there are only two left to embroider.

Secondly Peter came over to visit after dinner. He was teaching a course at Metrotown which as you know is not too far from us. It was really nice to see him. He said how he found teaching to be very exhausting. He was really tired and left early to go to bed.

I had lost my little knitting book of socks and hats and spent two days looking for it. Finally it appeared in a place I had already looked at twice. It was hidden in plain sight, well almost it was beneath a Keepsake Quilting catalogue on a small table in the bedroom. But I am done for the night so I'll start tomorrow.
Both of  us were a bit on the slow side today, Ray didn't have any energy and neither did I.  However he got all the receipts for income tax organized. I spent sometime on my PC trying to figure out how to print a photo from My Pictures. I  got it eventually and not too many tries either. It was a photo of Ray's sister Marion who is still with us and her 5 children. It came in the e mail and he wanted a hard copy.
Then a friend phoned and we talked for some time. It was good to hear from Barb. She has her own set of problems dealing with her husband who is having vision troubles along with some other issues. Getting old is not for sissies LOL.
Is this the same couple that Jean found in Puerto Rico LOL....
If you have seen War Horse you might find the real thing interesting. My dad was in the Royal Horse Artillery and was among the first group of Britains to go over to France in 1914.
See this picture of the RHA

It is time for me to go. Have a good evening.
Kalispera.

 




No comments: