a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, January 15, 2012

snow today ,gone today

But in the morning it looked beautiful and here is the proof from my windows.

More snowy streets.
As I was taking these I stood next to this beautiful red colour a poinsettia and could not resist the contrast.
As promised last night we did not go out today but idled the morning away doing e mail and waiting for the nurse.
In the afternoon I started on another ballerina. I was so tired after it was done, had to keep going back and forth for the thread colours I wanted. I did choose what I thought would work but seemingly I cannot help but change my mind. Anyway I got it finished. It was supposed to be blue but in my opinion there were too many blue ballerinas in the set so I changed this one to peach and I think it is very pretty. So here she is......
 Pretty in Peach.
That was the extent of my day but I feel good about my work.
Ray finished his 3 day soup and it tasted great. Meat and vegetables fill you up on a winter day. Nothing quite like home-made soup is there.
Boy my hair is just like straw and I don't know what to do about it, I have half a dozen different shampoos that I rotate but they are all the same and my hair is still a mess. I think I'll go to the hairdresser and see if she can help me.  Got any good ideas?
Here is the magazine that I bought yesterday. I haven't had time to read it yet.
We are watching Jake, a child prodigy who is a mathematical genius. It is totally amazing. He will be graduationg with a PHD when he is 14. How can one get their head around this. The parents seem to be okay though. The mom took him to university the first time as he was 11 or 12 and they all thought she was the student . What a surprise was in store for the professors.
Have a good evening folks.
Bon Soir.














1 comment:

Denise said...

Very pretty pictures and one very pretty pointsettia. Thanks for sharing.