a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, January 27, 2012

it's a question of ....

The question has been posedby Billie  as to what these two are doing. Jean who took the photo has responded  in a comment in yesterday's blog. LOL.
We went out twice today, making up for the past three days  :)
In the morning we went to the bakery to purchase some nice pastries for when Bob and Buzz came over. We had to go to the bank ATM for some money. Drat! the baker wanted us to pay with cash LOL. And tada! I used the walker to go out today and left the wheelchair back home. It was so great to be able to do that and it makes me think I'll get better and be able to go around to my groups. What a blessing that will be.
Buzz accompanied by Bob came to help me with some disposals. We winnowed out the shoes that I can't wear any more. Not because they were worn, they were like new, but  they hurt my feet. I wanted them to go to women who were homeless and needed shoes aand Buzz said her DDIL's church took things right down to the homeless rather than selling them  which some charity organizations do. She said some of those women were using cardboard for soles.
Then we turned our attention to my closet. Several coats(jackets) quite a few tops and some old towels. It was quite a bit but there is still more to go.
We had coffee and cakes and visited. Buzz asked when we were going to get new furniture. I said we aren't.  She said we usually changed our furniture occasionally. I said we are getting shabby and the furniture and carpet  are getting shabby along with us  LOL.
I love this one ,so I'm sharing it with you. :))
We decided to go out for dinner tonight. So we went to TOPS as usual. I had the salad with their fabulous house dressing and a bowl of clam chowder. Ray had Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and veggies. He can't eat potatoes because they are full of potassium and his potassium is too high and that is really dangerous so no potatoes for him. However I helped him out a bit and ate some of his potatoe and gravy. Couldn't let it go to waste, oh no! I am a good wife Haha.
Another of Jean's pictures from Puerto Rico. This fish pond was in her hotel.
When Ray and I were in Orlando we stayed at the Rennaissance . The balconies of the rooms face into a huge atrium on the hotel where they had a fish pond with lovely Koi and lovely parrots in cages.
We were across from Seaworld and it was fabulous. I loved it.
I have some great photos but they are in an album and would have to be copied into the computer. Some day I'll do that.
Have a great evening folks.
Buenas tardes.








1 comment:

Jean said...

Glad you are moving about a lot better. As for the clean up, did you know that the animal shelters always are in need of towels ?That is, if there are any shelters near you. Nan, I know the hotel well, Sam and I have stayed in that hotel also. They had the best Sunday brunch. It was an International brunch with the different foods from all over.I think the hotel was under another name before the Rennaissance name. I have to try and think of the name.It started with S. It was a fabulous hotel.