a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, January 30, 2012

yoyo

I just wandered through a blog that had yoyos on it. She is committed to making a quilt of yoyos and needs 1008 in order to complete the task. She used that yoyo maker to make hers but some of my friends say it is just as easy to make them the old fashioned way by cutting out the size circle you want including 1/4 seam allowance and stitching a running stitch around the circle at the seam allowance, then pulling it up and tacking it down. 

 Lu Ann's blog is called Loose Threads and the yoyo button is down on the right hand side. There are loads  of  items of interest  on this blog, plenty to keep you busy for a while.
I also ran into some knitiing blogs and crochet blogs. No doubt there are blogs on everything.
We had to wait for the nurse this morning and that was a concern as our appointment at the Ostomy clinic at noon. But she arrived at 10:00 . My dressing needed to be changed on the pic line, it gets changed every Monday and that takes a bit of time too.
However we were able to get it all taken care of  and reached the clinic in time even a bit early.
Lucy , the nurse , looked at my wound as they call it, I call it a crater, and pronounced it improved. Then she redressed it, so I had two dressing treatments today.
We went for lunch a Tim Horton's and bought some bread at the bakery.
By then I had to go for a nap. Well we came home first LOL.
This picture of my dear friend Gail in Phoenix, well really Surprise, AZ. was taken in her sewing room where she works her magic. It is a lovely room to work in. When I was there we would spend the whole day in there just chatting and sewing. It was a lot of fun. We went out for dinner at Abuelo's and Olive Garden, both restaurants that I really enjoyed. We also went to some local quilt shops of course :)

TODAY I received an envelope in the mail. It was a set of 5 double pointed knitting needles, Ione found them for me and mailed them. THANK you Ione. You are such a treasure. I do so appreciate your kindness.
Take care of your own, what lucky chicks sheltered beneath their mother's loving wings. This is such a lovely picture and captured my imagination completely.

Matthew called this evening and we made a date for him to come over for a visit on Friday. We had a laugh because my calendar is very busy, but not with social engagements but with medical appointments.
I think I'll set up my hoop for the next ballerina, that will be my sewing work for tonight LOL.
Have a good evening folks.
Barka da yamma.






No comments: