a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, January 20, 2012

Mugs

http://www.pleasant-home.com/2012/01/scrappy-mug-mat-tutorial.html
Easy peasy mug rug but with a difference.
After all the hullabaloo  about a storm it did not appear on our street. But up in the valley the storm raged, more snow, more freezing sleet. They certainly have had the bad side of winter out there.
The rain came this afternoon so that means the end of the snow in Vancouver. Doesn't hurt my feelings LOL.
Remy may have a different opinion, Rick and Carla's canine friend.

Aaron called today. He has been working up north in Alberta. quite a change from Louisiana. He is coming here to B.C. to see his mom I'm sure but he and Sam want to take Ray and me for dinner tomorrow night. That will be fun.
We got out early today as the nurse came early and Ray was eager to go. We went up to Metrotown and decided to have lunch at Manchu Wok where we often eat lunch. First the portions were a lot smaller and the vegetables were awful plus they didn't have the chicken I like. We think it has changed hands. It has come to our notice that when a company changes hands the quality goes down. Can't save money on the rent,  can't save money on wages so they have to cut on the food. But it does not make us happy. Now I am complaining about it but don't have any solutions . Typical.

Guess what, no sewing,too tired after our outing and went to bed for a couple of hours.
We are very sad to hear of the death of  Sarah Burke on the half pipe run. I recall watching Shaun White win the gold medal at the Olympics here in 2010. It is exciting to watch but so dangerous to perform. We feel badly for her family .
And we lost Etta James today.   But we won Barak Obama as a replacement LOL.
Friends helping friends, what could be better. Have you helped a friend today. My friend Ione is going to help me find the knitting needles I want and can't find around here. She is a very kind and generous friend. I'm very fortunate in my friends.
Juliet, if you are reading this would you be interested in some books and magazines for the library?
Step up to it Charlotte, Uncle RIck won't let you fall. Wow time flies, she is on her way to making her mom's life  full of fun and games. LOL
Good news, my Keepsake Quilting catalogue came in the mail yesterday. I haven't had the time to really do more than skim through it. I always love reading it and do so over and over.
I am so lazy, there are a couple of photos in my camera which is in my purse and I don't want to get up and get them. But I did get up and here they are.

Sam and Grandpa after a good lunch at White Spot.
And this one is me,you sure are short in a wheel chair. I notice that today at the bakery. The lady could not see me over the showcase and I could not see her LOL But we bought the cookies anyway.
Have a good evening folks.
Guten abend.








No comments: