a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

once again

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crochetbytrish/
I think I may have shown this before but it is worth a second look.

http://www.sewwequilt.com/2012/01/tool-time-with-another-kerri-with-i-and.html
More twisted blocks. I like this site ,even though I mentioned the Twister recently. I want to buy the ruler if I ever get to a quilt shop in the near future.
http://www.patchworktimes.com/patterns/   Lots of quilt patterns , don't think I have shown this one. Who knows?
 I am stunned at the tragic sinking of the Costa Concordia , and the gross negligence of the captain. He tripped and fell into the lifeboat , that's the biggest joke of all.

We stayed in all day because the nurse came, then the cleaning lady , the medicines were delivered and Margaret came over with dinner that Michael had made. That was so nice of them.
I did not get my sewing done today because I had a nap after all the company. It does tire me out.
I talked to Richard in Calgary tonight where the temperature is -30. I worry about him but of course I do. He says it is bitter cold but he is still getting in to work. His truck struggles to start in the morning. It is a British Columbia truck so most years it never sees that kind of cold. But this year it is pretty bad out in the valley so his truck would have had to deal with bad weather anyway.
Still haven't made contact with Jim in Edmonton where the weather is just as bad.
I am busy ? watching TV.  Bomb Girls is on right now , it is so interesting. A depiction of how the ladies created the bombs for the Allied  air forces to drop during WW2.  It is equivalent to Rosie the Riveter in the US. Or so I think.
We also watched the penultimate episode of Marg Helgenberger on CSI where she gets shot. It is to be continued so we'll be watching for it. I heard that Marg was planning to leave the show. That makes a few of the characters on this show who have left for who knows where,never to be seen again. That is unless it is  David Caruso LOL.
Were you all blacked out of Wikipedia today? I don't think I use it unless it  is without knowing. On the internet who can tell where you are.
Have a wonderful evening folks.
Bon Soir.









 

No comments: