a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, January 2, 2012

heads or tails

Scary looking isn't he? Jean sent me this picture of the lobster she had for dinner on New Year's Eve , 4.5 pounds. Oh what luxury. I'm jealous.  East coast lobster is delicious. I remember having lobster when we were in Prince Island about16 years ago. The dinner remains in my memory as a very special one.
When I lived in Nova Scotia in 1959-1961  we used to drive around the province on Sundays and there were lobster stands on the sides of the road that offered cooked lobster for instant eating. Another memory that I still enjoy. So Jean I relate to your pleasure. LOL.
The worker who helps me with my shower was ringing  the bell over and over this morning but I was fast asleep so it took a while to get my attention.  So embarassing. I thought she was coming tomorrow. The office keeps changing the days on us.
We took a chance today and went to Metrotown but it was still crowded with shoppers, including us. We did something really sinful and bought one Cinnabon, cut it in half and ate it. Coffee too of course.  Oh my it was delicious :)))


http://thegoldenthimble.com/clubhouse.html
This site is closing its doors to business but there is still so me things to see if you hurry. It is such a shame when well developed sites close down . The owner gives the reasons for her decision. So go and look around for the last time.   


I spend so much time with photos trying to get them onto the blog, it is a big pain in the foot. LOL 
It is so mild here these days ,not like winter at all, no cold, little rain. Where has winter gone? Maybe to that great Valhalla in the sky? I'll bet  January will bring some snow.
After out trip to Metrotown  we just came home and vegged out except for my exercise walker walk down the long hall.
That's it folks . Have a good evening.
Kalispera

                                                               


1 comment:

Jean said...

That bad boy lobster was 20 inches long. He was so delicious.
I felt bad steaming him. I bought him in the morning and by 7 PM we had already bonded. LOL We had a new store opening and they were half price. So, I didn't mind the price. Jean