a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

a bit late

Sorry to be late tonight. I was entranced with some videos on how to make the settings for a Drunlards Path quilt. But the videos were of how to make the blocks . I watched them anyway despite the fact that I had made some already. I made mine the old fashioned way , cutting out the two pieces ,but there were several other ways to do them. Of course I prefer my old fashioned way thinking that I had really made the block. It is the curved piecing I wanted to learn how to do not the easy way. So I am happy to say I think I have the curved piecing figured out. 
My next move is to watch the setting images when I get this done.
Ray took several photos today that he wants me to add to the blog. So we have a gallery of pictures LOL.
Here is the rhododendron , He is a lover of red and purple. I think he actually likes purple the best.
We are surrounded with these beauties.
 This is a beautiful pink, light and yet deep hued .
His favourite, a light mauve you can sink your senses into, good Lord what does that mean LOL.

I'll keep my mouth shut and let nature speak for herself.

This tree is covered in flowers and now stands higher than the building, It stands in our courtyard. Every day I stand and look at it in wonder at its bounteous ,glorious flowers and  its amazing height.
Japanese irises at the mall.

Lots of blocks just laid out on the bed. They pale in comparison to the flowers but the 30s fabrics are pale anyway.
I haven't had a dog picture for a bit so here are two who are eager to meet you Haha. Dogs are a part of the family so says my granddaughter in law and I agree with her but would go a bit further. Pets are a part of the family.

And I saved the best for the last like dessert. My great grandson Adam who has the awful disease of which I can't recall the name and who has had his leg in a cast for months is now out of the cast and using crutches has once again despite great personal illness got the honour roll award. He is a very clever , intelligent boy and we are all so proud of him.  He is a happy cheerful boy no matter what.
See what I mean haha....

That's it for tonight. Here is a companion for your sleepy time.
Dogs are part of the family. LOLSee
Have a great evening folks.
Kalispera









No comments: