a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday times

http://www.needleandspatula.com/2011/05/drunkards-path-block-variations.html

Variations of Drunkards Path block settings. I don't like the colours together , not enough contrast for me but interestingly different settings. I do like the one I have put on here before so you won't be surprised when you see it again.
 I love the contrast  in this beauty.

http://missouriquiltco.com - How to do Dresden Plate with Jenny from Missouri Star ... Dresden Plate Tutorial  .
Another of my favourites, you can see I love the old fashioned patterns. They make sense to me. Art quilts do not although I am able to see the genius that goes into them.
You can buy templates for Dresden Plate. You can buy templates for almost any block these days. We are living in a great age for quilters.
These are my Dresden Plate cushions. I made a quilt of Dresden Plates. It was the one I sent to Marion to comfort her during her fight with cancer. And I can't find the picture on this laptop. It must be on my Computer. I'll look for it tomorrow.
And once again it is time for Quilters Cache. No quilter should be without it in their favourites.

This morning I felt really great so I wanted to help Ray as he doesn't feel great. I helped him with the dishes and as my legs were working well and feeling strong I decided to do all the laundry, five loads. He kept saying I'll do it but I told him it was my turn to help him out and to just be quiet LOL. He did.
It was good for me and good for him.

We went out to guess where , London Drugs, haha because Ray was looking for a frame for a photo of his grandparents. There was nothing there we liked so we went across the road to Michaels and found what he wanted there and I bought some more yarn to knit dishcloths. We put half a dozen into the box of things Ray is sending to Lynn. 
Here is the yarn. It will keep me going for a while.

We did stop off at McDonalds for a small Sundae. It was tasty. My legs started  wobbling while we were there so I knew that we had to go home soon but we had another errand to do first. That was Michaels as mentioned earlier.
We met this friendly guy yesterday at Safeway, He greeted everyone who entered and left. He tried to get in the door but it was an automatic door and it kept shutting on him. Then he would back out and wait for it to open again. He was just great.

When we got home I lay down and read my book for about an hour. It was already late when we got home as we had watched The Help and that was a two hour movie. I really enjoyed it . Now I am sure I'll watch the movie again.  I read the book twice. It had an impact on my conciousness.

And now that I am officially an old lady, I can drink and dance and wear heels and hats whenever I want . Strange I don't want LOL

But I get a kick out of these two.
Tapped out for tonight .
Have a great evening folks.
Eat chocolate it's good for you!!
Bon Soir.










1 comment:

Pennie said...

'Help' had an enormous effect on me, I was shocked and saddened by it but enjoyed it enormously.
At the time the book was set I was 17 years old and spent much of my life staying with my Great Aunt and Uncle on a Sheep Station down near Canberra, we had upstairs maids, downstairs maids, a cook, kitchen hands, wood boy, butcher, gardeners and so on, if I wasn't out on the land with the sheep and the Jackaroo's I was in the kitchens helping out.
I did spend my 20th year being an Upstairs Maid (this is when I met my DH who was a Jackaroo) I loved this life and can honestly say the staff were always treated with real respect.
When I read 'Help' I was jolted out of my rosy view of the treatment of maids world wide and made me think back to those days of mine.
I now know life as a maid wasn't and probably still isn't as rosy as mine was.
We need more books like this I reckon.