a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, May 17, 2012

pincushion

-http://www.allaboutyou.com/craft/pattern-finder/sewing-projects/sewing-for-the-home/make-a-mouse-pincushion-42190
Make a fun mousey pincushion to entertain your young ones. No need to put pins in it LOL.

Donna Summer passed away today from cancer. She was named the Queen of Disco.  RIP Donna, this cancer is such a terrible disease.

I saw Rick Hanson on the news propelling himself along the highway and up the hill in his wheelchair. It has been 25 years since his Man in Motion World Tour and he is as sprightly as ever. Rick has made a huge difference in the way people view spinal cord injuries. What a man!

Rick has worked continuously for the advancement of spinal research. He is still in his wheelchair and still working. He is a hero in Canada.

I put short ribs in the slowcooker this morning  along with my specialty spices that make my dinners taste great. At least  that was what Ray said today. He loved the ribs. Of course he could be grateful that I am cooking his dinner LOL. I cooked some small bow tie pasta, added some green peas , made gravy which was so tasty and coverd the meat and pasta with the gravy. I am getting so that I want to cook these days. Maybe it was being sick for sooo long and doing nothing while I recovered , of course it was. But the upside is that Ray gets a much needed break from chefdom , new word Haha. 


In the morning before we went out I sewed up most of the Drunkards Path blocks I had cut so now I just need to press them out and take the photos so y'all can see them.
Here is the pile, getting big eh!

We did go out to the mall for a coffee and a small cinnamon bun. I wanted to go to Chapters but can't quite manage to walk around that huge store so I asked the clerk for help in finding a certain author Mary Burton who only has 4 books out,one I just read and one which is an anthology of short stories and I don't care for that type of book. So I bought the two I had not read.

We went to Sears and I bought a lovely purple top, then Ray found a top that he liked , a brown and white striped one. I don't like brown but I hate to always say no to his picks so he found a white on in that style. He says I always buy the same type of top and when I buy 6 of the same shirt in different colours I cannot deny his comment. LOL.

Marg came over when we finally got home and she brought me two more books. thanks Marg!! The title of the books are, and she was by Alison Gaylin, small  letters for the title, the other book is The Accidental Mother,. I laughed and said to Marg "weren't we all accidental mothers at one time" LOL
So I have lots of reading to do. I love that, books in reserve.
Then we went to see our new doctor and talked about our tests ,all were fine and then we wanted to ask her about the catscan Ray was waiting to get for his back. She is a good doctor , on the way home the hospital called to say Ray should call them about the scan.  It was too late when we got home as they closed at 4:00 but we'll do it first thing in the morning. She is doing her best to get him up on the waiting list because he is suffering a lot.
She said she called the doctor at Vancouver hospital whom I had seen before and asked hin about the UTI I have and he told her as long as I displayed no symptoms of being ill that it required no treatment meaning anti biotics. Thank you Dr. Bowie.
Wow that was a full day today!!
And I did take a picture of the lovely day we had today :))

There evidence of a beautiful month ,flowers everywhere, glorious trees and a bright sky. Nothing could be better. I wish I knew how to arrange the pictures so that they could be on the same line.
Time to go, it has been a busy day!
Have a great evening.
Buona sera.


No comments: