a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday sewing

Pat picked me up at 8:40 and we went to Starbucks for coffee.
It was so much fun this morning at my sewing group.There were a good number of quilters attending so that makes for great conversations if you can hear them LOL. And there was some beautiful appilque being done. One lady is making the border for her Baltimore Album quilt, yipes!  What a woman!! I  haven't felt like doing applique since I got back to the group and have only made Yoyos from a charm pack so they would coordinate. My plastic bag of yoyos is getting pretty full. But I might start doing some applique.
One of the applique pieces being done . I think I have this pattern somewhere if I can find it.
Flowers at the edge of the churches parking lot.
Beautiful orange poppies.

Lupins, not a native colour which is purple and very hardy , but this lovely red. The blossoms are covered with aphids, common to the hybrid types . Way too bad!!  I do like lupins. All along the highway there are the wild lupins that grace the roads with colour.

The blog is late tonight as I was going through all my quilt magazines and I have a lot of them. I got so involved in looking at all the great patterns that I'll never have enough time to do and forgot about writing my blog.

One thing that kind of irritates me about applique patterns in magazines ,despite the fact that I understand the reason for it, is the suggestion to enlarge the applique design by 200%. That means going to Staples to see if they can do it. The last time I tried that the clerk didn't know how to do it. It really irritated me. But I will have to try once more.  After all it is only one elephant. LOL.
Once again I didn't get to Community Quilts but Juliet is coming back early in June so she will take me to Betty's for tea and then take me home. I'll be happy to get back to doing that  and going to Community Quilts .
When I got back home I was tired once again  and lay down for  a nap that turned out to be a sleep. Ray had started on dinner and finished it when I got up. I don't like to waste an afternoon sleeping. But what can I do when my eyes won't stay open Haha

Last night we watched The Hatfields and the McCoys episode one. At first it moved fairly slowly. I guess they were trying to establish the background and the atmosphere. It took quilte a long time to do that and I was ready to leave the show, but then things picked up with the romance of the yournger generations and the joining together of a Hatfield and a McCoy. Kevin Costner seemed to me to be a bit out of place as he is too refined to play a Hatfield. Still I liked him the best for all the players. He has gravitas.  The next episode is next Monday and the third and final one is the following Monday.



Back to quilting: the block is called Lady of the Lake . As you can see you only need to learn half of this block and then repeat it reversing the colours.  I took this off my old photos from when I made blocks with Quilt Pro for the guild web site. That ended when the president following me had it all taken down. But I had a lot of fun doing it.

Our great granddaughter in Quebec taking a turn on the piano. Isn't she a cutie? Piano photos always make me happy.
So that's the day.
Have a good evening folks.
Kalispera.










1 comment:

jean said...

Well, the Church has their own opium patch..LOL I recorded the Hatfield and McCoys, part 1 and 2 , I did not know there is a part 3.. Will have to look for it.. Love, Jean