a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Feeling dopey

http://www.theraspberryrabbits.com/dynamic/?page=5
If you are collecting the Raspberry Rabbits here they are for the merry month of May.

I'm feeling a bit sleepy and Ray is actually sleeping. We had a busy day. Did our grocery shopping first thing, then went to Coquitlam to shop furniture row for a new sofa and chair. We went to Sandy's huge store, found a suite we liked but we wanted it in red and the cushions in a gorgeous floral that matched exactly the red we chose for the furniture. But of course we have to leave the store to go and talk. We went to Wendys and had one of their summer drinks, Ray had the summer strawberry and I had the chocolate something or other. Both of them were really good.
Ray is always sick when we spend money , he gets so nervous. I told him we saved the money for our old age YES???  Where are we on the age continuum? Close to the end so we had better spend some of it before someone else does LOL. I just left it at that because I know how his mind digests information.
I wanted to get some pansy fabric from Fabricana  for my on line bingo game. Big sale there . The parking lot was packed and wouldn't you know it the piece I bought was not on sale. How is that anyway?
The background is a chocolate colour , this is a lovely piece of pansy fabric- a bit different from the usual purple. I do two cards , one card is a fat quarter , so I just purchase a half meter so the winner has a bit more fabric to play with.  I have never had any complaints about that so that's how it goes. Last year I missed many of the games as you would expect so this year I hope to be in the winning a bit haha.
On the way out of Fabricana Ray said what was the store we were looking in for the furniture . I said Sandy's across the stree and he said let's go and buy it. Good news.
In we went and purchased the two pieces and because we wanted
red we had to pay half the cost and wait for it to be made in that colour.  The wait time is 8 weeks but we don't care about that.  In 8 weeks we will have beautiful new furniture to go with the new carpets. Next is the kitchen floor which is badly in need of renewal.

That was our busy day. On the way home Ray suggested that we go out for dinner but I was not hungry for some strange reason LOL, so we came home. I had toast with butter and a meat pate. And I had some V8 , two glasses. I do love V8, it is so good.

Now we are watching The Murdoch Mysteries a period piece that takes place in the later 1800s. We really enjoy that show, I am sure I told you that before.
Here is Murdoch. So handsome isn't he?

Rick just called to say the sailboat trip was off as the engine was having trouble. He has the engine for safety measures. So he had to take Ricky home to Abbotsford where he visited Meaghan, Lewis and Charlotte. He loves the baby just like Ray does. So he is coming here for the night . That will be nice for us. And now maybe I will remember to take a picture of him LOL.
Who says dogs can't smile, certainly not the dogs LOL.
Goofy aren't the two of them. I love it even though I don't particularly  care for  this type of dog.
Now here is the cat's thought, quite a difference! I like this guy too but then that is who I am.
The sun is setting but this guy makes me happy. .
Have a lovely evening folks.
Bon soir!












2 comments:

jean said...

OK Nan, YOU were not hungry, so you had toast,pate and V8. Now it looks like Ray had to fend for himself.. Why didn't you guys go through a Drive-though rest. to pick up something for din din ? Ray gave you a big HINT, he was too tired to cook... LOL

nanboudreau said...

Ray was too tired to go out, after we got home so we just did for ourselves.
Funny we never go through a drive through , never think of it.
love
nan