a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, May 20, 2012

funny name

<<http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/09/tutorial-double-hourglass-blocks-easy.html>>
Love the name of this blog,cluck, cluck, sew. This tutorial is for a double hourglass block and it looks great! Seems not to be too difficult. Oh I know most of you don't find anything too difficult LOL

.http://www.members.shaw.ca/gf3/circle-the-cat.html 
Now this ought to keep you busy haha Frankly it would drive me crazy LOL.

http://www.bethanyreynolds.com/videopromo.html
Remember Stack and Whack? Here is a video of the technique. I did not review this video so take it as it comes.

Ray and I had a kind of lazy day today, Sunday is good for that.
We went for lunch to TOPS and they had their fabulous cabbage rolls on the menu, so we were lucky. I had soup and salad and then helped Ray with his cabbage rolls . There were two of them very large ones , but delicious. We ordered two more to take out. Jean mentioned to me that we could go to the drive through for food, something we had never done and we have not done take out before either. We do order in Pizza but that is it. We also taked out LOL soup. I love soup and it came with the meal. I'll eat it later as I am full now.

And I sewed two more Drunkard's Path blocks as well as cutting two more of the  inner part of the block because I had cut two of the outer parts the other day when I was cutting. I sat and pinned the parts together . I might sew them together later tonight.

No point in getting all wound up guys LOL. This will keep these guys out of trouble for a while.

Baseball Star block can be found in Judy Martin's Ultimate Book of Quilt Block Patterns.
This block came for a series of stories by Starwood Quilter who is chronicling her  grandmother's diary from the early part of the 1900s.  And she adds a block to every blog.
Here is her blog,
http://www.starwoodquilter.blogspot.ca


Rick went over to Victoria on the ferry this morning to visit Mary and Albert and little Rose. He called to say he would be back around 8:00 tonight. I hope all went well.
She sure is happy here, what a sweet smile. Rick will enjoy her.

I am thinking about a UFO that I have and haven't thought about in ages. It is a Sunbonnet Sue  All Through the Year by Sue Linker. I started it quite a few years ago when I was new to applique, can you imagine starting something like that as a newbie. I got bogged down and tired of it so I put it away. I am thinking of locating those blocks to see if they were worth resurrecting.
I have seen the quilt done twice, once in Ottawa at a show there and once in Vancouver years ago. It looks fabulous when done well. I wish I had the perserverity to stick with it. But I don't. So there!!
I have had the good fortune to go to quilt shows in many different places. It is always a great pleasure. I would really like to go to Houston again. Not to be, too bad. But good news is that our guild is having a show this year. That will be fun.  I hope I can work on the boutique again.
Time out for me folks.
Have a great evening.....
Bon soir.















1 comment:

jash said...

About that Sunbonnet Sue....I started 2 (yes two) of them when my granddaughters were expected. One is finished and the second still waits to be completed. The girls are now 19. Maybe I'll drag mine out too?