a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

quilting today

http://thepewteracorn.blogspot.com/2012/05/basket-weave-block-free-pattern-review.html
Fascinating block, I don't much care for it but others may. I don't want to impose my own likes on others all the time.

Today I went to my quilting group. It was so much fun and everyone said they were happy to see me LOL. That was very nice. I didn't have any quilting to do so I made yoyos, I used one of my charm packs and it was just the right size. Also I used my yoyo maker. I love gadgets so the yoyo maker pleased me. I only got 4 done but that was fine, they'll go into a plastice lunch bag and wait for more to join them haha.
Here are the charm squares, you can make your own by just cutting 5" squares from your stash.
Here is the yoyo maker....
The yellow circle at the top of the package is the maker. It comes in 2 parts and ,the fabric goes in between them. There are slots around the circumference and the needle goes into the slots . When the needle slots are full you press on the maker and it separates . Pull the thread and there you have it.
Aren't they pretty ? And I made one dishcloth when I got home. Oh I was busy.
I found my templates for the Drunkard's Path , remember the one I looked  for In the States and they didn't have it. Good thing!
It was hiding beside my sewing table. Of course I just had to try and make one. I have the Curvemaster foot so I used that too. The first one, which is the peachy block went together quite well but the second block the red one was a big pain in the b...But it was after dinner when I started to work on it. It is very strange that any work I do after dinner is a disaster, Wonder why!
Oh and I fixed my pillowcase which was way too long, so that was another  thing I did today. What one arth happened to me Haha!!

It was a pretty productive for me and I am happy.

When I got home for sewing I out some of the items back in their right places, still more to do but tomorrow is another day. No point in overdoing it. LOL
Ah the puppies, they make every little girl happy- two of each, blonde and brunette!
More love, it makes the world go round. Bunnies and Mousies, strange combination but so adorable. These Maxwell House Mouse designs always make me happy when they come up on my screen.

I am going to watch some television for a bit. Have a great evening folks.
Selamat malan.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today is BBQ day, season-opener in Steveston!

nanboudreau said...

Nice Anon!! When is your first barbecue?
Lulu