a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, May 7, 2012

good fun


haha we were cleaning out the bedroom cupboards or Ray was. I just told him what to throw away LOL, I get the easy jobs. He discovered an old Polaroid and pushed the button. Lo and behold a photo came out. We were so surprised. After all these years it still worked but the photo colour was faded . Anyway it was a bit of fun as we sit in the bedroom while the carpets are being done. It is after lunch and I am hungry but we cannot get to the kitchen. Whine, whine. The dreadful part comes in putting everything back where it came from. More whining....You may hear a bit more of the same song but I'll try and keep the music down LOL.

After the carpet men left we went out for a bit of lunch before we tackled the mess. We went to SubWay. We have a new one in our area and find that the sandwiches are very good.  Then we bought some fruit and vegetables before we came home.

It was a  beautiful day here today, sun shining throught the trees , birds singing in the morning, flowers blooming lustily haha , and spring was in the air.

We came home to have a look at the mess and began to put some of the stuff away. Lots to do. But if it takes us a week that's okay , we have time to do it. I keep saying we, us, but unfortunately most of it is Ray. I do what I can but I get so dizzy when I bend over. I tried to put some of the TP away and fell forward as my dizziness took ove. I hate that as it means I leave it all to Ray. We have always been a team.
Tomorrow I am going quilting and Ray said he would work on the mess. I know him, he won't give himself a break. He is stubborn and I am not able to stop him. I guess it will have to wait until he falls over. Oops he just said he was completely done, thank goodness.

News of the world.
France has a new government, so does Greece but Russia still had Putin in charge of it all.  And Obama and Romney are starting the fight for the Presidency. That will be a mighty fight as they are running neck and neck in the polls at the start.
Flood watch in B.C. due to big run off. A week of hot weather could start the snow melt and begin the run off.
That's the news for tonight folks, now on to my other stuff!!


The Scream painted by Edvard Munch.
Was it 120 million? yes it was!

And here is one of the three little piggies.

I made my own contribution to the piggie world .
This quilty was made in Delaware one of the times I visited there. The funny thing about this pig is the fabric that the pig was made of , a nice pink plaid from my friend's stash , I found in my own stash when I got home so was able to finish it off with the same border. I was thrilled. The pattern is from a quilt called
Plaid Pigs. It is such a cute quilt and has always been on my to do list but I still haven't bought the pattern.
Done and done folks. Have a great evening!
Buena Sera.












No comments: