a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, May 28, 2012

new circles

I sewed 7 more Drunkards path blocks. Still haven't figured out how many I'll need to do to make a quilt. In the meantime I am anxious to get started on  a Twister quilt. However there is something in me that says" Finish this one first" so I have to finish the DP before I start the Twister LOL.
Here's 1,2,3,4,5,6,. There is a 7 coming up.
There it is , at the top. The purple one! LOL.
I am still going to do some more and then I plan to arrange them in some form of design. Simple or complicated? I would like to make the one that I showed here yesterday. However I ran into a pattern in one of my magazines that is really simple. We'll have to wait and see.
Ione sent me this one , it was from the Hyack festival in New Westminster. She knows I love dogs and turtles so what could be better than this. Nether the little dog nor the big turtle seem to be bothered by each other nor by the crowd. I seem to remember photos of this turtle before. I can't recall his name either, useless aren't I. Thank you Ione for a fun photo. I had to really enlarge it to show off the dog , he is so small.

We were up so early this morning, well early for us as I usually get up shortly after 8:00.  Ray had to go for his catscan this morning, the one he couldn't get last week due to it being a holiday. LOL.
We got there in plenty of time, they took him in right at his appointment time and the catscan was short as they were doing his lower spine.
On the way home we stopped at the White Spot and had some breakfast. I had a sunny start and Ray had eggs and sausages . I helped him with his sausage. Think what you will LOL.

Then we decided to try  Bosa's  again. We found the store which is hidden behind some other buildings and is hard to find. It was just a fluke that we found them.  So we wandered the store looking at all the Italian imported product . We bought 6 hot Italian sausages and 6 mild ones. Guess who the mild ones are for haha.

Once again I was tired and had a nap when we got home. It was after I woke up that I sewed. Still I feel I have accomplished something today. I am ready for tomorrow , my bag is packed! Pat will pick me up and we'll go to our sewing group. I am excited, missed it last week because Pat was away.

All bundled up with bare feet . Charlotte in her new outfit !!
Going back in time, my mom with my first baby Adam and me of course with Margaret way up there on top of the stairs. This was my favourite dress at the time. It had lovely pink and red roses on the fabric and a very flattering boat neck line.  I like this picture a lot.

I still don't have my beloved embroidery machine  back home, so can't make any of the lovely towels right now. I don't know why it takes forever for a part to come from anywhere. We have planes don't we?  Oh well I just hope it comes home while I am still able to use it :(
Thank you Pennie for the comment on my blog Sunday Times. I hope others will take the time to read the comments. This one is quite interesting.
Time to go folks.
Have a lovely evening.
Guten Abend.


 








No comments: