a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Other stuff

http://incolororder.blogspot.com/2011/01/art-of-choosing-folding.html
How to keep order with your stash, I have seen this done and it looks so neat and tidy but you have to have some yardage to work this way.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/alaskasunshines-fabric-folding-organizing-your-quilt-room-t43871.html
This is a great look at the same way of storing your fabric. It appears that she is in a quilt shop. Surely that is not all her own fabric!!!
It's afternoon and Ray is fiddling with the new air conditoner, it is driving him nuts but he'll get it in the end- things always drive him crazy, but he always fixes things. He is clever that way but he needs to grumble until it is done. I wonder if other men complain all the time they are doing fixings. LOL.

This morning we went up to Metrotown to mail a couple of packages, one was the Bingo pansy fabric and the other two are charms I promised to a friend in Texas.
And I bought a hostess gift for the next Pot Luck. It is a set of coffee spoons, they are lovely.
Pomosa made in Italy.
Beautiful spoons with a different fruit on each spoon. I have plates like this.  I don't remember who is the hostess of the next pot luck but I am sure she will be happy with this one. It not I'll take it back and keep it for myself  LOL.

When we drove to Louisiana with Jim a few years ago I wanted to go to San Antonio and take a boat trip down the river walk.  However the river was closed as they had drained it for cleaning. As you might suspect it is a man made river and not a free flowing one. But we had a very nice luncheon at a place called Boudro's and our name is Boudreau as most of you know so we just had to eat there.
I found this view to be very attractive along the River Walk.  The reflection of the umbrellas in the water and the arch walkway across the river  make a lovely photo.
There are many more photos but I can't  put them all on the blog. Too bad! There are some nice ones.

We decided to come back to San Antonio on the way back from Louisiana. It was January. We were so ignorant of the weather patterns in the south expecting it to be warm. Not so. An ice storm started  while we were on the highway and we just got into town to find a motel for the night before the roads were all closed. We had thought to have dinner at a nice restaurant but all were closed so we were stuck at a hamburger joint for food. That was all right but we had expected to have a nice steak.
The other disappointment was of course we were unable to go down the river walk. I had never been in an ice storm before and certainly did not expect to be in one in the deep south. LOL. Interesting experience and Jim was the one who kept us safe on the road.
Haha I did not intend this to be a travelogue but I have many more travel experiences thanks to Ray and Jim for driving the car all over the continent .
Check with the cat and the kid for the meaning of life. LOL.

And for the afternoon I had a nice nap, read for while then fell asleep. It was lovely. You all must try it.Haha.
If your ark is leaking shoot the woodpecker!!

Well my brain is tired too so I'll hang up for tonight. Have a great evening folks.
Guten Abend.





No comments: