a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, May 31, 2012

No title for today

A good day despite the rain which I like anyway . It is refreshing and the trees just love it too. The leaves become so green and beautiful.
Before I go on did you see the little 6 year old spelling artist who gave her own press conference. What a confident child. She was adorable. I don't think we have heard the last of her ,Lori Ann Madison is her name.


Back to my boring life LOL. We went to TOM's this morning and he was there. We haven't been able to catch him on our recent trips. It was good to see him. He said still no news on the part for my embroidery machine, he said it has to come from Japan. Bad news! He did say he could fit me out with an Elna which he had for sale at $999 but he would sell it to me for $899. It will cost me $400 to fix mine but he recommended that I wait for the part and get mine fixed. That really impressed Ray and he said he could truly trust him since he said to go for the cheaper option. I always knew he was a good guy but Ray has  a suspicious nature!
This amazing embroidery was up on the wall of Tom's shop. I didn't ask but I bet Kerry did it. Kathy correct me if I am wrong.
I bought 2 sizes of blades for my cutters , 45mm and 25mm, which is what I am using at the moment.  I wanted some bug fabric but he is still not up to his full complement of fabrics after the fire. He did take us through to the new store's floor plan , nothing is done yet , just the bare walls but it looks like a nice space is going to happen there. I am looking forward to it.
This looks like it might be a class. I have that pattern, maybe I should take the class LOL.

I signed up for the embroidery club on the 19th of June. I won't be able to do the class but I paid for a chair because I want to get back to doing the things I had to give up when I was so ill. Just the opportunity to learn something new and the get the information papers and to be with the other ladies and Kathy! It will be a ton of fun.
These are very tiny Dresden Plates , the blades are very small and look like fun to do. I like the latice around the plates.

I know you all want to know where we went for lunch LOL, IHOP just down from TOMs . We had a big omelette and pancakes plus coffee.
Then we went to Staples as I had a pattern that called for it to be enlarged 200% and for heaven's sake they didn't have a big enough sheet of paper. That was Staples , don't they sell that stuff!! Disappointing but I guess I'll have to go to a print shop.

We went for gas, bread and butcher paper which we couldn't find.
When we came home I lay down and read for a while and of course fell asleep. We ran into the lady and baby Molly who live across the hall. Molly was going for her nap and I said so was I. We end up as we started LOL.

Ray is suffering from his Rheumatoid Arthritis attack. His right wrist and hand are really sore and he can't use it without a lot of pain. The doctor gave him some Methotrexate for the RA but he just took the first dose this morning and then the next one is a week from now.

Did I do any sewing today,well I looked at fabric at TOM's, does that count LOL.

Aren't these cute, scissors for Americans to celebrate July 4th .
A little cross stitch for July 4th. Where did I get these, can't remember. Haha. A disfunction of old age. Now that I am 80 I can do what I want if I can LOL and say what I want if anyone listens. I think not !
Time to rest again.
Have a great evening folks.
Kalispera.
Are you smiling? I am!





No comments: