a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunny day

http://blog.sewbittersweetdesigns.com/?p=171

More twister tutorial but this one is making a twister pillowcase, just a bit different. I hope you enjoy it.

It was a gorgeous day here today. It couldn't have been any better. The sun was shining and it was warm not hot, one of the days when you are so happy to be alive in this wonderful world.We did nothing much but enjoy it!
Mario Guitierrez the winner of the Kentucky Derby a long nap this afternoon.
Ray and I went out for breakfast this morning. He said we'll have to get there early or it will be lined up. We must have gotten there really early since  we were only the third couple in the restaurant LOL. Talk about over doing it !! It was before 8:00, guess most were still in bed haha. George gave me a long stemmed carnation at the table.
Ray and I have decided to stop eating ice cream as we both gain weight when we eat it regularly. Now it is time to cease and desist, time to resist the lure of ice cream. I have not weighed myslef but Ray did and he has gained some, he didn't tell me how much. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning , the preferred time as I weigh less in the morning. Doesn't everybody? LOL
No sewing today as you can imagine with all the sleeping going on. I had hoped to get some more of my Drunkard's Path done but it was not to be. Darn!

I just heard on the news it was 41' in Phoenix today. Gail how did that temperature affect you. I guess you stayed in and turned on the Air Conditioner. I have to tell you the most recent photo of you on facebook is lovely. And I can't find it, too bad. I wanted to add it to my blog.

My boys/men all called today, too bad they are all somewhere else but life is like that isn't it.
Here are some of them along with grandsons and Ray. this was my borthday and the most recent update on the boys. Matthew is missing but I think he doesn't like getting his picture taken.


Sweet isn't it.


Do you recognize this crowd, tells your age doesn't it. I have to confess  that I do recognize this group. But there is no way I can recall their names. I forget everybody's name these days. Faces I can remember but names.................
I signed up for a knitting group today or I should say tried to do so, it was so difficult that I couldn't even get out of it and had to turn off my laptop. That is ridiculous. I have always wondered why  some sites are too hard to handle. If they want members and I think they do then they should try for simpler sign ups.It was a sock challenge.
Time out now. Have a great evening!!
Good evening.






No comments: