a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday doin's

It was another gorgeous day today and after shopping for groceries in the morning we decided to go to False Creek and watch the boats go by. On a day such as today the boats are all out in force. I just enjoyed the scene and forgot to take pictures. However I am trying to get Ray to go to the beaches part of town where we can take fabulous photos,  I think LOL. That is if I don't sit in the sand and make sand castles. I did that when I was a child and it was such fun. Just a little bucket and a little shovel to pack the sand in the pail was all the equipment I needed to make fantasy castles in the sand.
Sand castles have evolved into sand sculpture and there are many countries where contests are held for the elaborate sand sculptures  that pass for castles in the air these days.
Now that's a castle. Next I'll show you the fantasy people or gnomes etc.
Boy they had better get out of bed when the tide comes in.LOL.
The ugly gnome has a beauty all himself.
It has always made me feel badly when these works of art are taken away by the incoming tide. If you want to see more just type Sand Sculptures into your browser and many photos will come up.
Lots of little ones outside playing in the courtyard in this beautiufl weather. It is so nice to hear them laughing and playing. Ray says it brings life  to the whole place. He is such a gruff romantic.
Don't tell him I said that haha.
I finally figured out why I don't get so much sewing done and so many other women do a huge amount of it. I see them write into the lists that they spent the whole day quilting and wonder how they do it. Well I know now how that is done. They don't have a husband or their husband is away all day working. As you all know Ray and I go out every day. He always want me to go with him. That takes time. It is what I want to do too but when we finally get home from our trips around town I am usually too tired to do any sewing. Ah well!

No words are necessary.


My new magazine. I bought it today at the grocery store. I like this magazine as I read it many times over looking for something I might like to make. I know we can find tons of blocks on the net but I do like the hard copy that favours my hands. I perused it earlier in the day but intend to go back and take more time reading it.

Time for me to take a rest.
Buona Sera.







No comments: