a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, May 12, 2012

DP

There , this is my work for today-four Drunkard's Path blocks. Now I have 6 blocks done. I like this arrangement of these blocks and am considering using them in this pattern design. I have picked out several  fabrics for the next few blocks. I guess you could say I am  enthusiastic about this quilt. There are many ways to  arrange this block and I shall try a number of layouts.
This actually looks better if all the half circles are the same fabric. I have one in orange and it looks pretty but I am not sure where it is hiding LOL.
Whoops one is off but this layout is a typical one with the yellow turned in the other direction.  Lots of choice in settings though.
We went grocery shopping this morning and stopped at Tim's for coffee after ward. Then we went over to Surrey to see Tom but he was off in Langley at a show selling his stuff. The lady on the shop said as the part is coming from overseas and that means Japan and that it would be in a container it would have to wait until the container is full and it could take up to a year. A year without my embroidery machine I think not. So I am considering buying a new machine and when mine gets fixed I'll get Tom to sell it for me to help defray the cost.
It took us a while at Tom's because I wanted to look at the notions. Tom is trying to get his  inventory in order but he has such a small place . The insurance money from the fire just came through so the new store should be getting started soon. If I could catch Tom at the store I would be able to talk to him.  So far he has been very elusive.
When we came home from Tom's we went down to Dairy Queen for a sundae. It was quite hot today so the ice cream was welcome.
I then started to sew the DP blocks that you see up on the top pf the blog.
By now we were a bit tired and came home to settle down . Jim called and we had a good talk. He is talking about selling one of his properties. that would make his income rise. He has several places to choose from.
He said he would call again tomorrow . His friends would all be calling him to tell him it is his duty to call mom on Mother's Day , Jim said he would probably get more calls that I would LOL. They do that on my birthday too haha.
We had corn on the cob for dinner along with the rest of the pork roast and gravy. That roast lasted three days and we did enjoy it.
By then I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open so I went and lay down for an hour. Bad time to nap-after dinner. 
Now I am watching The Murdoch Mysteries. We do like that show. It is a Canadian show but quite good. It takes place in the 1880s  and tells a good mystery. It is very authentic to the times.
Close friends LOL. I thought this one was so cute ,both the child and the dog doing the same thing, maybe imitating each other.
Wrong continent , wrong parents , even they look surprised. Amusing isn't it

Time for me to go . I hope you have a lovely evening folks.
Bon Soir.












No comments: