a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, May 21, 2012

Sleepy time gal

http://www.flamingotoes.com/2012/05/sewing-tool-caddy/
If you are energetic here is a sewing caddy for you to make to dress up your sewing room. I tend to forget that many of you have sewing rooms, I have a sewing space LOL. Not much room for things.
http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main.nsf/fp_quilting
Patterns from Moda. Whole quilt patterns.

It is a rainy day today the kind where you just want to have a nap. I haven't had one but just feel like it.
We were up early , well early for us, 7:00 . Usually we get get up at 8:00. We went for the paper but there was no paper. Then we remembered that it is a holiday.  It is the Queen's birthday!
24th of May
The Queen's birthday
If we don't get a holiday
We'll all run away.
We used to chant this when I was a child, not that it made any difference as we always got the holiday . It used to be on the 24th of  May but with time it was changed to the nearest Monday to make for a long weekend.

Bear in mind this is a holiday. Ray took a call from the hospital that he said was an appointment for a catscan on Monday. The appointment was for 8:45. We got up at 7:00 as I said and now you know the reason. Off we went to the hospital. The roads were empty of any traffic. We wondered at that but carried on to our destination. When we got to the hospital there was no one at the front desk and one lonely guy sitting on a chair. We waited for a while and a man came out of the radiology department. He stopped to ask why we were there. So we told him about the appointment. He went back into the department to check things out and came back with a smile on his face. He said" There is no one here , it is a holiday" We started to laugh too. He was kind and went to check on our actual appontment which is next Monday. Off we went to our car feeling a bit ridiculous but when you are retired every weekend is a long weekend LOL. Along came the other guy with a sheepish smile on his face, he too had made the same mistake! Haha.
And we KNEW it was a holiday but thought they worked on holidays. Another foolish mistake LOL.
This amazing tree was outside the hospital, yeh outside , not inside LOL.
It is gorgeous , I have not seen it before and don't know what it is called. But it is beautiful to look at.

 Rick left us at the same time as we went to the hospital. We had a nice visit with him and I was very happy to see him. Now that he is living in Calgary we don't see him that often.
Peter called when we got home to say he was in town and could he come over, well of course he could. We had another good visit with him. He also lives in Calgary now so we don't see him very often either. Two sons in one day was a great treat!!
BUT Once again I forgot to take their pictures. What is wrong with me I take every tree, every dog, every baby and forget to take my own sons. I guess I was just too happy to see and talk to them.

After Peter left Marg came over for a visit and to bring us lasagna that Michael had made. She said it was our supper. How great is that , no cooking just heating.  What a lovely day!!
While Marg was here Ray went out to pick up some bread, he was gone a while and I realized that he was a long time. I knew he could not go into a grocery store for one thing haha. Yep , back he came with lots of things that he said were on sale. Lots of cucumber which is fine with me as I like them for  a snack as well as in a salad.
Now I am watching Murder She Wrote. Oh I know but I love Jessica. It was good too!! She was her cousin Emma this time.
Pop a lot kids, this looks good!! I love popcorn don't you? And keep your mouth open to catch any strays. LOL.
Did I show this one before, if I did it deserves repeating :)
Yep that's how I felt today too. Relaxing is what every body needs.
I think that is all for tonight, I hope all of you had a great day and wish you a lovely evening.
Guten abend.





No comments: