a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

house keeper

http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/cutting-corners/2012/04/30/quilt/
A strippy kaleidoscope quilt using light summery fabrics.

To the chiropracter this morning for my back. He said it  is coming out all the time due to that really bad fall I had  in Ontarion several years ago when I broke 3 vertebrae, luckily in the middle bottom of my back. Still the ribs come out of place and I need treatment. And that was today LOL.
Then we came home because the cleaning lady comes at 12:30. And she did .Every one was on time today. No waiting around for us. That is not always the case as you probably know.
The doctor called about Ray's back and to tell him that the doctor we wanted to do the job was no longer doing that kind of work. Poor Ray. We are having doctor trouble lately. I wonder why they are going out of business. Strange!!
Tonight I am going out to guild , Kathy is picking me up. I'll take pictures.
Kathy picked up Catherine after she came for me. She is everybody's good friend and helps us all out. Thanks Kathy!!
All my old guild friends came over and hugged me and gave a kiss, said how happy they were to see me back. It was so heartwarming.

The speaker tonight Judy Farrow was one we had had at the guild before a few years ago. That first one was a highly amusing and entertaining,she told so many stories of her experiences in the far north, one when she sewed  shoes for her sled dogs. Tonight she was describing her studio where she does her work. It  overlooks  Georgia Strait and with the very large window she has a most marvellous view. Her cats come to visit her in the studio and outside her windows the deer come to look inside and the rabbits come to play. Sounds wonderful eh!
She demonstrated  techniques for making her Northern Lights quilts, how she quilted them and how she arranged the wild life she was adding to her quilt. It was interesting but quite long and I got a bit tired. 
We had a nice Show and Tell with some lovely quilts and there was a new member of the guild, only 2 months old. What a beautiful little girl. She didn't make a sound either.

Nice arrangement of blues and browns in corner center log cabin, whatever that means LOL

Gorgeous batiks, wonderful colours.

This quilt was mde by Jean , not the lady in the photo and it is of her 14 year old daughter. Jean has made several of these quilts and each is gorgeous. the quilt is made up of numerous little squares . Amazing!!
Shadow play is an interesting technique, it appears that the block is standing out from the background.

French Braid, apparently a difficult quilt to make according to the quilter.
Time for bed for me. Have a great evening folks.
Good night.








No comments: