a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, March 2, 2012

30s

30s fabrics were in very short supply when I went shopping for my Bingo FQs . There were very few bolts of 30s fabrics. I 'm wondering if they are no longer in fashion. I still have some in my stash so they will keep me busy if I decide to do a quilt of them.
Pretty,  soft looking fabrics aren't they?

We went to the ostomy clinic  at 10:00 this morning. My crater is getting better thank goodness.
Then we took off for Wal mart , Ray wanted to buy some Becel as it is a dollar less there than in the grocery store. That was all we planned to buy ,Right!!!  I bought a lipstick and some facial cream, Lord knows I need it LOL.
We bought $132 worth of items. Expensive Becel, should have gone to the grocery store. :(
And then we had lunch at Wendy's , a quarter pounder for both of us, coffee for Ray, malted for me and fries. All bad for us but whenever we go to Walmart we go to Wendy's . Comfort food.

We have a big scandal here at Burnaby Hospital  there is a big incidence of C-Difficile. And a number of deaths of elderly patients due to the illness. Too many old people died from this. I spent nearly all year in that hospital . I got C-Difficile the first time I was in there and I got it in the Emergency too. I won't be going back there again. Hopefully I won't be going back to any hospital again.
Ray's sister Marion is back in the hospital in Winnipeg and not doing very well. It is such a rotten shame, cancer is a dreadful disease and in Ray's family there are far too many who either have it or have passed on from it.
I haven't heard from Tom yet about my machine, I hope that means good not bad. I don't like to call him in case he thinks I am bugging him but if I haven't heard by Monday I'll give him a call. I am so curious as to what went wrong with it.
From Janet Wickle 's About Quilting
Lady of the Lake    12 1/2" block

Cuts:    Dark fabric and Light fabric the same.
(20) 2- 7/8" by  2 -7/8" squares. That would be all the half square triangles all around the centre.
(1) 8-7/8" by 8- 7/8" square  
Now isn't that easy.
My sister Marg phoned the new doctor I mentioned yesterday and she also got an appointment. We are very lucky as it is hard to get a doctor around here. I suspect that the doctor is young and newly minted LOL.
Out of season but a bit of fun.
I am done for the night, Have a great evening folks.
Bon Soir.



                                                        






No comments: