a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, March 18, 2012

freebie

http://justquiltin.wordpress.com/about-me/free-patterns-pdf-files/nqd-2012-five-patch-quilt/ 
A free pattern in three different arrangements. Looks nice!

I sewed today!! Started on the sashing for my girls, sewed and unsewed LOL.
Here are the photos.
Actually nor sewn yet but I wanted to show you the corner of the sashing. I have alwasy wanted to do this particular style of sashing and decided to do it today or some of it. The interesting thing is I thought about doing it before I bought my last magazine. Lo and behold there it was in McCall's Quick Quilts and in the exact size  I wanted. So I didn't have to try and figure it out. Hurrah!
The sashing began with a 1 1/2 " square on the 2 1/2" strip.
Press half of the square back and add another small square on the opposite side. Trim off the 1/14" seam and press the second square back too.

There - 3/4 of the star sashing. I got one row done, 3 panels of the ballerinas. Had to do a bit of unsewing and refitting but in the end it all worked out fine.

I hopw to get some more done tomorrow but I have several appointments so who knows what will  happen.
Here is an even better look at how to do these ends.

We had a nice visit with Peter today and he and Jim left to
gether. Peter had a plane to catch going back to Calgary and Jim was driving to Kamloops for overnight and off to Edmonton tomorrow. I am mad at myself as I intended to take a photo of them together but forgot. I'll do that when they come down for my 80th birthday party in April. Bob and Buzz will be in Hawaii so they can't attend the party. I am disappointed about that.
Peter is now working in Calgary along with Rick so hardly any of my boys live here now , just Matthew. I must remember to send Matt some scanned photos of Ray and me soon.
I love this wall photo. We older citizens don't always understand the politics of feminism. RIGHT!!!!! haha.

 
I have a bad headache so I am going to close, I guess  it is still part of the flu.
Have a nice evening.







1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

This is going to be so wonderful!!