a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Redwork

http://www.red-brolly.com/red-brolly/2012/03/googy-bag-2.html 
A cute little Easter bag. It should be a fast project.

Happy Quilting Day to all quilters. I hope you had the time to do a bit of quilting. Richard reminded me this morning of Quilting Day. Thanks Rick.
I am feeling better today , getting over my flu and Ray is also getting over his flu.

We began out day by going to the grocery store this morning for our weekly supplies. I can't believe how much the cost of food has increased as well as the cost of all the other items you buy at the store. I think we are going to have to pay a bit more attention to what we buy. Time for a bit of austerity |LOL. We live in a very fortunate country and have managed to have most of what we want so a little cutting back will probably not hurt us too much.

We visited with Jim for the rest of the day before he went out for the night. Well I did have a short nap this afternoon as my sleep last night was not good so I had to catch up.

Nice redwork quilt. Redwork is such an easy embroidery to do as it is only one colour and generally is an outline rather than a filled design. When I did my redwork girls it was a lot of fun. So give it a try .Use a strong colour so that the design shows up well.
This is a nice strong red and shows up well. You can also do these redwork dessigns in blue, black and brown or any strong colour of your choice. They are quite versatile.

It was a nice day today , no rain, at least I don't think there was any rain. Sometimes when it rains I don't even realize it . I guess because I am so used to it that it doesn't bother me. Why fret over the weather when you can't do a thing about it but haul out the umbrella LOL.

My animal photo for the day, These squirrels are very resourceful. My friend Betty had a squirrel that used to come into her kitchen and take nuts off her table . I was horrified as they are chewing rodents . I had another friend whose house went up in flames because of mice that  chewed through the wires in the basement. She lost both her dog and her cockatiels. It was a tragedy for her. So I know people think rodents are cute and I am guilty I guess because I post the cute mice on my blog,  but in real life they can be dangerous.
I do love these little cartoons.

I hope you are all getting some sewing done as I am not . I seem to be so busy or too tired. What can I do about that I wonder.
These are the pieces that Buzzy cut for me and I need to get busy with them.
That's all for tonight.
Have a lovely evening folks.
Buona notte.














No comments: