a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

pattern

http://lieblingsdecke.blogspot.com/2012/01/single-wedding-ring-star-tutorial.html   A simple Single Wedding Ring pattern. It looks a lot easier than the Double Wedding Ring .  I'm not sure I like it better than the double.
My day was packed. the first thing we had to do was go to the clinic for a change of dressing. We made appointments up to the 26th of March and if I don't get sick in that time the pic line will come out.  We came back home for lunch, Funny thing home for lynch, ir hasn't been happening too often lately. Ray had a sandwich and I had a slice of a large tomato with a bit of mayonnaise on it, some sliced cucumber and half a tin of smoked oysters.  Sometimes I like a variety plate .

We had the most delicious dinner, Ray cooked a pork roast, tiny potatoes, cauliflower and carrots. I made the gravy, I am a great gravy maker , my claim to fame in the cooking department.

After lunch we went to the Ostomy clinic. My wound is getting worse again. I wonder why we can't get it healed. I have an idea though. I think it is because the ring and the appliance both have convex sides and that pushes into my skin irritating it and causing craters. Of course I have no medical training LOL, but I have a lot of opinions.
I called Dr. Rai , my chiropractor , whom I haven't seen for over a year for an appointment to put my ribs back in place.
Enough of my boring health stuff.
They are putting new carpet in our hallways I sure would like new carpets in here.
Would you like to have these visitors on your lawn. These boys are living in Calgary where Richard lives. He has an apartment so is not bothered by the elk. I think they are elk haha. So many ruminants in this country.
This is my youngest son when he was a navy diver. Scary stuff!
My dad on the far left and his invitation to a garden party for the Old Comtemptables, the first troops over to France in WW1. The Garden Party was give by Queen Elizabeth to honour these men. The title Old Contemptables
came from Kaiser Wilhelm's comment about those troops where he called them  "Britain's  contemptable little army"  This was the 50th anniversary of that landing.
And last but not least , perhaps  the best a little Sawhet Owl.  these are very tiny owls and so adorable. I had a friend who had a license to keep abandonned or injured wild birds and he had one of these. I fell quite in love with it. You can hold it in your hand.
Shaw our cable TV provider called tonight to say they could save us $40 on our bill. They talked to Ray about it. On Friday they are coming to check out my computer to improve the speed of it. That will be nice.
I called Tom  today or should I say Carol, he should be getting at my machine on Wednesday as they just got his workplace set up so he could do his . I am hoping it will be a quick fix.
Marion is back in the hospital so we have been getting daily calls from back east to keep us posted. It is a sad thing.
Time to go. Have a lovely evening.

Aloha Ahiahi..



No comments: