a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Doctor quit

http://chasenbach.tripod.com/bqn/Page15BQN.html   Paper pieced cormorant, a very nice looking bird and all the patterns on this site are paper pieced.

http://www.stitchintheditch.com/category_s/79.htm   Back to the twister, this time a little twister but with the template/ruler. I need to buy that ruler but so far have not seen it in any of the stores I've been in. Not that there are that many this year.

 This day was FULL. First thing we took my embroidery machine to Tom's for whatever it needs to be functional again. Tom said it was rebooting all the time when it was returning to the internal screen. His new temperary store was in a bit of a jumble as they are just putting it back together. They were washing all the stands in order to put the new fabric on them. It is a huge job and then Tom said they were planning on moving to another site which had 3000 square feet, the plans were at the artchitects being worked on. I'll bet it will be a great store as it will be designed for just such a purpose.
We next drove to Nygards and I bought some more spring clothes. I always buy clothes in the spring and fall. Winter clothes do not appeal to me at all and in summer I have all my new spring togs. My only problem is finding shoes that work for my feet. Long narrow feet and heels , high instep , makes it hard to get a fit. I finally found some grey shoe polish and nearly fainted when I heard the price, $13.45.  Oh my!!
Lunch next at Tim Horton's, wild rice and turkey with a bun. Tasty!
Bakery next for bread and I had to buy a card at the grocery store. We sat for a while and bought a scratch ticket, then off to fill the tank of the car before the price went up again. It was $1.369 per litre. There was talk on the radio about it reaching $1. 70 by summer. Can you just imagine the ramifications of that? Terrifying.
Then it was time to go to the doctor for renewal of some prescriptions for both of us. She had some bad news to relay. She is quitting her practice. We have been her patients for 20 years so we were upset. She did recommend a clinic that allowed you to have a personal doctor. The receptionist said they were still taking patients.
 So off we went to find this new clinic. And yes we got an appointment with one of the doctors as she was accepting new patients. It was a relief. Now I have to fill in several pages of information for them, which I'll do when I am finished the blog.
We had to go to Safeway pharmacy with the prescriptions.
After all that I said to Ray ,let's go to Metrotown for a Dairy Queen Sundae. We  did. And it was Good!!
Then we came home and vegged out. We had a fried egg sandwich for supper and it was good LOL.
Now I want chocolate :)) Look at that greedy little mouse haha.
                         Good evening folks , have a great one.
                             



1 comment:

Karin said...

You had a god day, AN - oo bad about losint your doc, hope the new one is good - Chat soon