a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

easy pattern

 http://www.maryquilts.com/quick-strippie/   What could be easier than this one?
<http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.ca/2012/03/quilt-along-11-outline-quilting.html>   Have a look at how an expert does free motion quilting.


http://www.allaboutbirds.org/Page.aspx?pid=2422&ac=ac   For a change of pace live streaming of a red hawk's nest.

http://www.rjrfabrics.com/patterns/new_patterns.cfm
self explanatory - new patterns from RJR.

Wow lots of things came up today. I think you'll enjoy these sites.
It was a nice day today, that's the weather report LOL.
This morning we went up to the mall and had a cinnamon bun and coffee. It was nice and the lady there knew what we wanted, not that we are regular guests at her store. She wanted to know where my husband was as he was a bit behind me. It was good of her to remember. I think that I was not well the last time we went there and today I am so much better that caused her to remember or maybe it's because I am such a great gal Haha.
We went into the children's shop to check on the lovely clothes but my they are so expensive. I think I pay less for my own clothes or Ray claims his are less expensive. Of course we don't buy the highest priced items. Anyway it was fun to look at them. We didn't buy anything because I had no idea what size the girls in Quebec take and not too sure of whatever size Charlotte and Rose take. I'll ask my granddaughters when I see them or I can ask them on Facebook.
Then our house cleaner Lynn came at 12:30 so we had to be home for that.
I started sewing when I got home and made the sashing for row 2 of my ballerina quilt .

Where did that light come from?
I had a plan for my work today , I knew I wanted to get the stars done and the next row sashed . I did just that. It is good when your plan works out, I don't make things too hard for myself, just a small amount of sewing for each day as I get tired and then I am annoyed at myself if I don't get it done so a small objective is the best thing for me.
I won't do any more for a couple of days . However I hope to get the top done before the next guild meeting.

Ray getting air for his back tire. That was yesterday and today he had the snow tires removed and his summer tires put on.

It pays to be clean , this cat has a lot of help LOL.
Beautiful cherry tree in Delaware sent to me by my friend Jean. Ours aren't out yet it has been too cold. But they will blossom soon I hope. We have hundreds of them throughout the city and the streets are gorgeous.
I really need to get back to my knitting but the issue is I don't really enjoy the pattern I am doing. Maybe it might be smarter to start on another project and for get this one.
Ray cooked a roast of pork for dinner and out some little potatoes and carrots in the juice to roast. I made the gravy and we had a feast for dinner. It was just delicious. My favourite is bread and gravy, so of course I had that after my dinner was finished.
I finally got to wear my rings. All the time I was in the hosital they were at home for safety's sake and when I got out of the hospital my rings kept falling off my fingers as I had lost so much weight. Who loses weight on their fingers? I do! But today they fit, guess my weight has increased, it is no fun to gain wieght but it is fun to wear my jewellry again.
Time to fly folks!!!
Have a great one.
Buenas noches.











No comments: