a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, March 19, 2012

first day of spring

And it snowed , what happened to spring I wonder. Winter is winning LOL.
http://dandelionsandlace.blogspot.com/2011/03/marshmallow-bunny-plushie.html
Got little ones, make a bunny for Easter and delight the youngsters. Any colour you choose or let them choose.

<http://sillygoosequilts.blogspot.com/2012/03/bountiful-bouquet-month-six.html
Whatever is on here there is a tutorial on how to make it. Go for it!!

This morning we had three appointments. First was the clinic to change the dressing on my pic line and this is the second to last time. Next week the pic line comes out. This morning it was so itchy that I'll be happy to see the end of it. However I shouldn't complain as it has been in my arm since July except for 4 days when it was out and I had to go back in the hospital. It has been quite good for most of that time.
Then I went for a haircut or should I say a skinning. I wonder why when you say don't cut it too short and the hairdresser agrees with you ,then goes ahead and cuts it so short it stands up. I am not amused.
The next appointment was at the Ostomy clinic where we got more good news, the wound is healed hurrah!! And I don't have to go back again.
We went to Canadian Tire for a walk around , we did not buy a thing but it was fun looking at things we might want to buy Haha.
When I got home I was tired from all the running around, still not up for it so I had a nap.
Adam called. He was playing with his bagpipe band yesterday and the group played at several clubs and were well received for St.  Patrick's Day.
Adam is on the right.


Adam is teaching little Adam to play the chanter and Lisa is teaching him how to play the piano. He is very interested in musical instruments. Chelsea , my granddaughter, Matthew's daughter is also able to play several musical instruments. She is going to Humber University and taking music there. I believe she is doing well . She is always busy playing at different venues on her time off. If there is such a thing as time off ;)......
Marion when she was healthy before she got cancer. Lawrence her son said that she has only a few hours or a couple of days. Leo agreed with the doctor to remove her from blood transfusion as there was some terrible effects from it. She has suffered so badly. May you rest in peace Marion when the time comes, hopefully sooner than later so your suffering is finally over. Ray and I love you.
This is a cute one and I agree with what this cat, can't remember his name, has to say LOL.
I had planned to sew today but it was not possible, too many other things going on but Wednesday I have to stay home all day so I can get an early start and work some more on my girls. I am pleased with the way it is turning out. The I'll send it out to Lauren for quilting.
Ray and I went out to TOPS for dinner , we really need to start cooking again. Neither of us feels like it these days. I had roast lamb, it was too much so I brought half of it home for tomorrow. Ray had Salisbury steak. We both had dessert, ice cream for me and Lemon Meringue pie for Ray. It is so nice not cooking LOL.
Lynn called today from Quebec. She calls often to see how we are .First her dad and she always asks after me to see how I am . She is such a wonderful step daughter for me and daughter for Ray.
Isn't this quilt pretty and it is so easy to make, just squares  and a bit of applique if you want.
I spent some wasted time on my computer this afternoon trying to get my printer to scan some photos to send to Matthew. I have a Canon and it is getting old but still should do the job. Oh well I'll try again tomorrow.
I am very interested in the primaries for the Republican party, politics are such a jungle aren't they?  This race is a see saw between the two closest contenders- Rick Santoram and Mitt Romney. I wonder who will finally win the race.
Ray ran into a former work mate today and we three had a nice conversation. He is a teacher , left Albion to become one and there is a dreadful contest going on right now between the government and the teachers. It was interesting to hear what he had to say.
Well folks, my mind has run out of dribble LOL
Have a great evening.
Buenos noches.


























1 comment:

Jean said...

Speaking of primaries for the Republican party, my husband Sam, is having dinner tonight at the White House with the Democrats, Pres.& Mrs.Obama and the Prime Minister of Ireland along with other Union Officials. Jean