a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

wheel

http://www.dontcallmebetsy.com/2012/03/patchwork-wheel-block-tutorial.html
Fascinating patchwork colour wheel. Certainly it will use up scraps.

Try AllPeopleQuilt.com for some fascinating stars.

Clotilde.com has some bright new looks to freshen up you bedroom.

Take the time to check the comment on last night's blog from Jean. Her DH Sam will be dining with President Obama. Congratulations to Sam, Jean.

White background, width: 180px, height: 68px
Quilting Gallery Logo
Small Quilting Gallery Logo


I keep trying to add this Quilting Gallery but it is not working too well so let's see if this one works


This morning I had my appointment with the chiropractor and I got a good report from Dr. Rai. He said I would not need to come back for 2 weeks or a month. All my appointments this week have been good news. The tide has turned thank goodness.

Then we went to lunch with our wonderful grandson Sam. It was a good lunch and a long visit which we certainly enjoyed our visit. Sam is hosting my birthday party so we talked about that and about his dad Adam coming from so far away- Louisiana . Richard and Peter coming from Calgary, Jim from Edmonton and Mary and Albert from Victoria. It is going to be a fun day!! But still 3 weeks away LOL and I am celebrating already.

When lunch was over we did a bit of shopping , bought vitamins at the pharmacy.

Then we came home, Ray was very tired and had a nap but I went to work on my scanner which still is not functioning. I think Matthew might come over and help me with that.

Ah isn't she adorable, our beautiful Charlotte. I am eagerly awaiting another opportunity to see her again.She has such a great personality.

Haha I can relate to this poor kitty. In fact I am sure the scale is broken LOL.
Today it is spring and the highway to Alberta is covered in snow and it is cold here, In fact the trees are late blooming as the winter has been colder than usual. At least this month, March has been unkind to say the least. I called Jim tonight to ask him how he managed the Coquihalla on the way back to Alberta . He said it was fine the day he left but that it cost him $225 for gas on the way home. That trip was a lot cheaper a couple of years ago at $100 one way and I can remember when it was a hundred for both ways. Times have changed. He said he was going to buy a car that gave him 45 miles to the gallon. I wonder what car gives that.
I also read in the paper that the city plants male flowering trees as they are less messy than female ones. I didn't even know there were male and female flowering trees.
Is this a boy or a girl LOL. Whatever, it is lovely. I love the beauty of these flowering cherry and plum trees that blossom each spring.
Time's up.
Have a lovely evening.

Guten abend.










No comments: