a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, March 22, 2012

a good visit

http://quiltstory.blogspot.com/p/block-tutorial-link-up.html
Have a look at this one, lots of stuff to see.
http://www.maryquilts.com/how-to-tie-a-heartstrings-quilt/
Something different , a tutorial on how to tie a quilt. Personally  I don't tie but others might. It appears that some quilts are tied for "charity" pieces. Sorry for the use of the word charity , I can't recall the right word to use so forgive me.
http://www.lorettaalvarado.com/binding.htm
Another different technique . I get all these sites from my quilting lists. Thanks ladies.

We met Bob and Buzz for lunch at Wendy's today. I do love theri malteds. I know they don't call them that, I think they call them Frosties but whatever  they taste wonderful.
 No doubt fattening , everything that taste wonderful is fattening LOL.
Buzz and me and that darned bit of light. I guess I'll have to take it to the camera department to have a look at it or maybe buy a new one. Haha.  Hate my haircut, I am shriven!
Now look at that , no light, see threatening to buy a new one scared it LOL. Oh these are the boys, Ray looks ready to jump at the camera haha . 
After lunch we went to Costco to buy paper towels. $153 later we left. Why do we need all that . Ray likes to stock up on things, we never run out and I suppose that is a good thing.  As for me I always buy a couple of   books.  
I wanted to have a coffee. The woman at the counter said no coffee just latte, cappuccino and  espresso. I didn't want any of those products . The lady was surprised when I said no thanks and kept asking if I wanted these items.  I just left without buying anything there.
We went to Starbucks and had coffee and lemon poppy seed cake. One coffee and one piece of cake, we share. Ray didn't want coffee . He carefully watches the amount of coffee he drinks. I can handle a bit more but only three a day is all I want . Ray settles on two and that's it.
I lay down for a nap when I got home . I still get tired of all the running around-getting better though.
No I'm not finished yet just trying to put on  a happy face.
Daniel Sedin is not on the ice today after receiving an elbow to the head by Duncan Keith. I hope he is fine but it appears that he may have a concussion. Too many brain injuries in hockey in my opinion.

Meg's birthday tomorrow. I hope you have a lovely day my dear granddaughter. We may be coming out to Abbotsford for the Sewing Expo at the Tradex so perhaps we can meet in town for a little visit.
That's it for tonight. Have a lovely evening folks.
Konbanwa.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan, nice picture of you and Buzz.. I think that bit of white is actually the tip of a finger that gets in the way when you are taking pictures. Been there done that. LOL Love, Jean