a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, March 9, 2012

no news is good news so they say

 http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.com/tutorials/   Some simple tutorials on this site. quick results, quick joy! Jobs well done!
Not too many quilting sites today ,the choice was limited. Some days are great and others are a bit slow for interesting places to go.
My very clever , beautiful granddaughter has been accepted at Johns Hopkins. Unfortunately we don't have the money for tuition which runs to about $60,000 a year. But it is an honour to be accepted. Sometimes I wish we were rich but most of the time I am satisfied. It is just at times like this I wish for more money so I could help her. Such is the life of the underclass LOL.
Our day was kind of quiet. We were both a bit tired. However we did go out for a while. We went up to the mall where I had rice and chicken curry for lunch. I really wanted ice cream LOL.
We went to Sears because I had heard there was a sale but the one piece I bought was not on sale. Why does it always work this way?
A new shirt. I have three city shirts already, Paris , San Francisco and New York, now Chicago. There was a lovely pair of grey pants that went with this shirt but they didn't have  a petit one. Now I am not petit just short and that works.
No message from Tom today and because I fell asleep I didn't get to call him this afternoon. I'll try and get back to him tomorrow. I really want my machine back home and working. I promised a friend that I would embroider an item for her.
Wow what a beauty, however not in your front yard. Still I think these animals are so majestic. These elk  and moose are what I admire in the animal kingdom of  ruminants.  They have such amazing racks of antlers.
Haha isn't this the truth, I have trouble remembering names but always remember faces. Ray and I ran into a lady today , we both recognized her face but neither recalled her name. So embarrassing. What do you do? It was one of those stalled moments where our faces just went blank. Usually I just apologize and say I can't remember your name , old age is upon me. That usually works, but even more humiliating is when you can't remember where you know them from.
I did a bit of knitting today , a few more rows. That way  it will get done eventually.
My Jim is coming in on Sunday night and Rick and Peter will be here tomorrow but don't know if they can stop and visit , I sure hope they can.
Anyway that is all my thoughts for the day.
My head is empty LOL.
Have a great evening folks.
Good night.
Buena notte.







1 comment:

Deanna said...

Thank you for mentioning my blog. I hope you enjoy the tutorials and share any creations that you make from them.