a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, March 8, 2012

hourglass

http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2012/02/tutorial-scrappy-hour-glass-blocks.html

This is an  interesting read and a great tutorial on how to make hour glass block.

This has been a full day for me. Ray was sick so I had to take over and look after things. I was in charge of the day. LOL.And Ray had to do as he was told  haha.I was feeling good so I was able  to be of assistance. I did three loads of laundry, haven't done that in a long while.
I had to cancel my appointment at the ostomy clinic as Ray was quite sick this morning.
Also I squared off my ballerina blocks.

  
12 1/2 " of block.  There were a few spaces where the edge did not quite touch the ruler so what to do about that. I'll think of something.
Not my best side LOL. However I am so happy to be able to stand and slice :)) You can see the pile of blocks  on the left waiting to be squared off   or   already squared off. Who knows?   It takes me time to get these things done as I have to get the equipment out ontot he counter and then I have to clean it all off before making dinner.
Another one but I really don't want to show them all and I am sure you don't want to see them all.
We did have to go to the bakery for bread but Ray was feeling a bit better by then.
I wanted to cut my sashing but wasn't sure if I had enough fabric so I'll take it to Tom's when I go for my machine. No I haven't heard from him yet but hope to hear tomorrow. Ray will be feeling better by then and we can go and get my machine. If I don't hear from him I'll call and see what is happening. I want to get on with some work and a promise I made to a lady in Seattle.
Oh you will never know how much I love this picture, isn't it the sweetest.  Dogs and Kids make the best pictures, well maybe flowers run a good second best, or animals or trees. Oh what the heck , there are so many great pictures on all topics. I just enjoy looking at them and I hope you do too.
He is just too much isn't he? I wonder if his demeanor is different after he has his coffee LOL.
I did some knitting this afternoon, I do a few rows before my hands get stiff. I am making a hat and using five needles. Even so I still find that there are too many stitches for that number of needles so it is a tight stretch. But if I do a bit at a time it will work out eventually. At least I hope so :))
Aren't they priceless. But I can't see Nish too clearly. I don't see what those shiny things are in what appears to be his mouth. Any ideas?
Time for me to stop . I wish you all a lovely relaxing evening.
Good night.











No comments: