a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, June 1, 2012

Short story made shorter

http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/
Latest updates on BOMs and the new Angel BOM is starting.

http://sarahlynnsquilting.com/Quilt%20Gallery%20V.html
This is an amazing quilter and here is her amazing site. Sarah is on one of my quilting lists and is a generous and thoughtful person.

I had an exciting time today at Fabricana. I spent money. What could be nicer. I bought some cream fabric that was on sale for 50% off along with half a meter for my Bingo game and a fat quarter that I am going to use to make one more yellow Drunkard's Path. Not that it will take a fat quarter  to make one block LOL.  But one has to have some left over  doesn't one?

I bought a pattern for a Drunkard's Path and the small DP templates, 3 1/2 Inch size. The  cream fabric  is  what the other things are resting on.
I sewed a wee bit today, put the two parts of a backing together, and cut out the binding for the ballerina quilt . Now it is ready for when Laurel calls that she can do the quilting. She said June and it's June LOL.

We had to go to London Drugs to ask about my PC's Keyboard which would not work. They told Ray what to do and he found the wire was not quite locked in place. In other words it was loose, so he, the clever man, fixed it. We have to laugh at how he can fix the mechanical side of my computer but has no idea on how to use a computer.

We also asked what to do with the picture frame when it  goes back to the beginning of the pictures instead of picking up where we left off. The man told us what to do and when we got home both of us had forgotten. Oh the life of an elderly person. It is full of wonderful surprises. Now we have to go back again to ask what we need to do.

After leaving Fabricana we went to Metrotown for a coffee . There was a cute little Chinese baby sitting beside us . He laughed when he looked at us. I guess white skin and round eyes are funny to a baby if not scary. He was fun though and his mom and dad were such a nice young couple and happy that we were entertaining him LOL. No I did not take pictures. For some reason I put my great granchildren's photo up on my blog but not anybody else's babies.  I should ask and see if the parents would object. I am thinking they would though.
Here she is, the little flower Rose.  My childhood friend was named Rose after her mother I think. We were friends all through our elementary years and then as we advanced to high school, I went to John Oliver and she went to Van Tech. Our paths diverged at this point and we lost contact. A shame isn't it . High school takes over your life and we all move on. My opinion on this is formed by my sister whose childhood friends stayed with her as she moved on to high school and they all went to the same school. That formed a big bond! Right Marg?

Our clever mousie friends are sewing up a seam. Today's offering from  maxwell @house-mouse.com   Very cute as always!
So this is the shorter story LOL!!

My brain is fried and needs some rest so that's it for Friday!
Have a wonderful evening folks.















No comments: