a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, June 25, 2012

bad floods in B.C.

<http://www.quiltviews.com/free-brilliant-cut-block-pattern-by-candy-goff>>

A departure from my usual offerings which tend to be easy. This one is hard but beautiful . All the instructions are there too. It is a challenge!

Now for the easy stuff  LOL
http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/CardShoppe/FreePrintableQuiltyBookmarks

The flooding in Sicamous has done tremendous damage and huge evacuations of residents. There was 2 months rain in two days so you can see that it would have a massive effect on the area. Roads have been undermined,  houses shifted off the foundationsand actual property eroded and of course there is no potable water in these areas and released sewage must be a problem.
There will be another 9 days of rain, I am afraid of what will that bring. 

Disastrous is the word for it.

We went out today for a while, to a little kiosk on the mall that offers healthy food , mostly fruits and veggies. Also egg sandwiches which is what we ordered. It also offers juices but no coffee. We went to another place for the coffee that we wanted . Then we went to the drug store for vitamins and tylenol.
I slept badly last night , sore hips and legs kept me awake. 

I wanted to do some more sewing today . What I did do was to prepare for sewing. I laid out the middle section 16 blocks of my
Drunkards Path quilt with the centre  circle and the surrounding blocks. I knew I would have a huge problem doing all the blocks so I decided to just do the centre 16 blocks. I squared them off and pinned them in the right order. That was it!! But I was happy to have gotten something done! I'll take a picture. LOL

There won't be any sewing tomorrow as  I will be out all day at my sewing groups, yes I am going to both groups tomorrow. Juliet is taking me to the church, then I'll ask Joan to take me to Mary Alice's huge group and the pot luck lunch, then we go to Betty's for tea before we come home. I haven't done that since I got sick 18 months ago. I am so excited about seeing everybody.
This epitomizes the word ugly but ugly can be beautiful too :((

Our street today we drive under a bower of green. It is always such a blessing. I love the way the sun dapples the street as it comes through the leaves. It is a beautiful picture.
Last night was so bad, I did not sleep much at all because of the pain in my hip and legs plus my shoulder. Too many spots of bad pain. Some nights are like that but thankfully not too many.
Ray cooked a beautiful pork roast for dinner and I made the beautiful gravy LOL. Both were delicious. He is such a great cook!!
Nice little block measures out at 8 1/2 ". You can see the four squares should be 2 1/2 " and the half square triangles in the middle need to measure out at 2 1/2" as well but cut at 2 7/8 ". and squared off at 2 1/2"
Looks like an easy block and just the right size.

There that's my story for this evening.
Kalispera. Have a great evening.













No comments: