a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, June 23, 2012

dinner out

http://agirlinparadise.blogspot.com/2012/03/modern-folded-star-mini-quilt.html
Pretty little folded star quilt.

Tonight we are going out to the Keg with Adam and Sam. Adam is leaving a day earlier to go home. He said all his calls were taken care of and the the weather here has been awful- so much rain. It poured down last night but the sun came out today.  the river is high and rising along the lower Fraser.  I guess Adam misses his wife Lisa as well as his stated reason for leaving LOL. He is a good husband.
After doing our grocery shopping and coming home to put them away in the cupboards we have done nothing else. I have read all my mail and answered the ones I needed to reply to. i have a dear friend in Kansas who, I wrote to today. Sometimes we are not as vigilant in writing to our  old friends as we should be. That is one good thing about Facebook, nearly everyone is on it and you can respond to their entries. I wonder if Twitter is the same. Maybe I should try it although I am afraid that there would be way to many tweets. LOL.
I saw on Craftsy that they offer lessons on quilting for a small sum $29.95 , $19.95 and even free. They have introductory videos that are very nice.  Just type in Craftsy, join up and they send you good stuff Haha.
This one is a folded pinwheel. It looks like prairie points to me , not quite as simple as it appears to be.



Stick blocks look easy but I bet they are not quite the way they look as you would have to be careful with placement.

I have to leave for now but will be back later after dinner is over.

 Little daschund- what an adorable puppy.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan, is Ranny the one from the BS'ers group that use to paint the walls of her house EVERY spring ?
I am taking a class with Craftys called the Tunisian Crochet. Is that really a daschund? I use to have 2 of them .. His nose looks a little short and feet too big. I thought they came red and black. Mine were red (brown)