a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, June 30, 2012

new patterns


http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main.nsf/free_patterns

Lots of good patterns here . You can download the pattern by clicking on the picture of the quilt you want.  Have fun downloading several  of them.
Ray and I had a lovely visit with Matthew, Caroline, Chelsea and Ryan.
Ryan graduated from high school this month and my how tall he has grown. Can you believe I did not take any pictures. Chelsea is home from university in Toronto. She has completed her first year and won another scholarship that will help her  with  this coming  year's expenses. Congratulations Chelsea and Ryan!

Katie will also be going to University in Toronto this year so that will be fun if the two cousins can get together. They are not going to the same university and that may make meeting a bit difficult as they are both very busy ladies.

So I went to bed this afternoon and slept for 2 hours. I am so tired of being tired. Oh well when you are sleeping you are not eating and gaining weight  LOL.

We watched a good film with Kevin Kostner and Clint Eastwood. I like Kevin Costner, he is  a wonderful actor and is different in each film he is in. I enjoyed him in The Garden of Good and Evil and just recently the Hatfields and the McCoys . Today, I  have lost the name of the film, but he was an escaped prisoner who had abducted a small boy and stolen a car. He ended up in a corn field and was found by a man who invited him to his home to spend the night. Teh man had a small boy and the two boys had fun together. It ended up with Costner's boy shot him with the gun Costner had told him to hold. He shot him because he had tied up the man,his wife and boy and the child thought he was intending to hurt them.
Anyway on the run with a shot to the belly he could not out run the police and ended up dead. Good show and full of emotion. Too bad I can't tell you what it is called. haha.

I found this on Facebook and I found it highly amusing. When we were going through Texas on one of our trips there were many, mnay of these windmills across the hills. Do they have hill in Texas? Must do if that is where we saw them. It was down south I know.  We made numerous trips across the USA . It was wonderful!

This is one of my favourite quilts to make. It seen so easy, just a triangle on each corner and you're all set to go.Mind you picture taking is obviously not so easy LOL. I made this one for my granddaughter Meaghan. I think it is time to make another one. Any suggestions on the snowball blocks? Black maybe Haha!! Not much like a snowball if they are black then.
I used to do cross stitch and I felt I was pretty proficient at it , something I have never felt about quilting for some reason. The reason was I guess that I am not that good.  LOL.
Tomorrow is Canada Day. Happy Canada Day to all Canadians.
My day is over folks. Have a great evening!
Buona Sera.

Eat chocolate.













No comments: